Chapter Fifty-Seven: The Psychic's Decisions

His sudden and odd question caught you off-guard from your train of thought.

"Yeah, but you're still in here." Starting to process what he fully meant, you eyed his reaction carefully.

One of his eyebrows raised up and he smiled innocently.

"Mhm! It's my room." The tone of his voice was higher than usual.

With your suspicions getting closer and closer to being correct, you thought of a solution. "...I'll go change in the bathroom."

"You could, but the door is locked."

He kept keeping up with his innocent demeanor all while you still struggled to find a way to get out of it.

"So then, you could unlock it!" Deciding to play your own cards, you copied his attitude.

"I mean, I would but the key is in my desk drawer, which is also locked, and the key is in a locked box under my bed, so..." Kusuo shrugged, forming a wide, victorious smile.

"Guess I'll just have to crawl under the bed and get it." With a strained, fake voice, you were trying very hard not to start breaking down the door with your own two hands. 

"You could. Or, you know, just change. It's not good for your pretty hands to be dealing with all of that extra work."

You grinded your teeth together, holding back some...choice words. 

"Haha. Or you could just stop looking at me." 

"See? That's a good idea! Everyone wins, Y/N and you don't have to do all that extra work." He treated you as if you were a child that had finally figured out where the square shape goes.

"I want to rip this man's head apart with my bare teeth." You thought to yourself. 

"Kinky." He spoke softly while smiling. You didn't respond but, under normal circumstances, it would have made you laugh. "Oh, come on, not even a grin?"

"No."

Stripping off the sweater, you could feel the boy's gaze linger on your body.

"Turn around, Kusuo." 

He audibly groaned, "But why do I have to?" 

"Just do it." Scowling at him under your breath, he responded unnaturally calmly.

"Alright!" 

***

Finally, in some comfortable clothes, you could feel your muscles relax. The harsh straps from the lingerie left lingering red marks plastered over your body; especially around your chest. You turned around and saw Kusuo patiently waiting for you while facing his wall.

"So, I was thinking, since it's already so late, we could go to sleep and then sleep in until Kuusuke gets mad and kicks us out and then just go walk around!"

"...alright..." With a heavy sigh, you let some oxygen flow around your body.

"Are you all ready for bed, dear?" Kusuo turned around and faced you directly. Upon seeing your...less than favorable expression, he tilted his head in confusion. "Do you not like the nickname? I-I can change it! What about honey or darlin-"

"No, Kusuo, its fine." 

You accepted defeat and would be stuck in this room for a while with him. Fighting back was always an option but with your current state, you doubted it would get you far. 

Kusuo's eyes never left your body even when you flicked the lights off and fell onto the floor.

"What are you doing?" He patiently asked. 

"Sleeping." You grumbled back. 

"Not down there, Y/N!" Kusuo let out a smooth chuckle, acting as if this was just one big prank and such. "Come here." 

The sound of the floorboards creaking was alarming quickly as you were lifted into the air with a concerning amount of ease. 

"You're sleeping on the bed with me! There's no need to be so pessimistic tonight." 

You were suddenly dropped onto the plush mattress with tangles of blankets and pillows overlapping.

Through the light, you could make out the vague outline of the pink-haired male. He seemed a lot more menacing before you realized his hair was the color of a school highlighter.

The outline suddenly got closer, falling next to you and hugging you tightly.

"...I'm glad you're in my life, Y/N. I don't know what I would do without you." He gently whispered into your skin. His best attempt to be romantic was pathetic. At least to you, it was. Maybe to someone like Teruhashi or Chiyo, the attempt would be seen as adorable and just the cutest thing.

But you had the misfortune of everything.

"Kusuo," You whispered back in a warning tone, "I know where this is going."

"Oh? You do? Where do you think it's going?" His tone was innocent but the context was anything but. 

"It's, like, twelve in the morning. I don't want to." Shifting under the covers, Kusuo sat up in the darkness.

"Aw...but can we at least cuddle? I love you too much to not."

"What the fuck does that mean?" 

As you spoke gruffly, Kusuo fell under the covers next to you. He buried his face into the crook of your neck and spoke into your skin. With every word, you could feel it hit your skin and trail into your ears.

"It means I love you so much, I couldn't stand not showing my affection." He giggled like a little kid. The boy's warm hands rubbed up and down your arms; erasing your goosebumps with every pass. "Why are you always so cold?"

"Because it's freezing in this fucking room. It's worse than a morgue preserving bodies." You cursed violently.

"You need to use some cleaner language, Y/N. I don't want our children to grow up with that kind of exposure."

Blinking a few times, you couldn't believe what you just heard.

"No. That is where I draw the line. No kids. Never. I'd rather snort fucking birth control than hear that sentence again, Kusuo."

"Alright, fine, no kids. Whatever you'd like, Y/N! Maybe we could live in a remote area, away from everyone else with a few animals. You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

With a heavy sigh, you fell asleep that night listening to Kusuo list off the different things you'd have together when you were eventually wed on a private island all alone with 3 horses and 10 mice.

When you first met Kusuo, you had always enjoyed daydreaming.

But now, the only dream you had was to enjoy freedom.