Chapter Six: A Psychic's Protection

After the "date", Saiki decided it was best to walk you home.
"I don't want you getting harassed by Toritsuka." He huffed pridefully as he opened your apartment door.

You knew he just wanted to spend more time with you.

"Heh, I'll see you tomorrow." You turned around to enter your home but Saiki stopped you.

"Wait. You're forgetting something." You turned around, slightly confused.

"What? Did I forget my phone?"
Saiki smirked. "No." He crossed his arms and leaned close to you.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He repeated your sentence from a few seconds ago and kissed you on your cheek.

"Y-yeah." You blushed and quickly went into your apartment, leaving him in the hallway.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. AHHHHHHHHH!" You thought to yourself, forgetting that the pink-haired psychic was still there.

He grinned and went home.

***

The next day before school, Saiki waited for you outside of your door unknowingly to you.

"Ugh, I gotta run to the store today." You rolled your eyes as you closed your empty fridge door. "Guess I'm skipping breakfast again too..."

Gathering your stuff and humming a song you heard a few days ago on the radio, you opened your apartment door and locked it behind you.

"Hello."

You jumped and nearly shouted in surprise.

"Jesus!"

Saiki laughed.

"Why are you here?!" He fixed his glasses and looked at you.

"I want to walk you to school."
You looked at him, confused.

"Why? Can't you just, like, teleport?"

"Because I want to spend more time with you."

Your face went red while Saiki didn't seem to understand the impact of what he just said.

"Let's go." He grabbed your hand and lead you down the steps and outside. You attempted to keep up but you were not prepared for how fast Saiki walked.

"Hang on! You didn't give me a warning for this!" You were dejected as you tried to close your backpack with your free hand.

Saiki grabbed your backpack and pulled you closer to him. He slung it over his shoulder and acted as if he was your bodyguard, placing his hand on your back and guiding you through crowds of people.

"We're almost there, come on." He looked at you comfortingly.

Eventually, both of you made it into the school building and Saiki handed you your bag.

"I'm not a child, Saiki." You said as you took your bag back. "You don't have to treat me like I can't do anything." Deep down, you felt joy that someone cared enough about you to do these things for you. Saiki then proceeded to ruin the mood.

"I know you like it. I can read your mind."

You quickly covered your face shamefully as red dusted your cheeks while Saiki laughed at your vulnerable side.

Walking into the classroom, you saw Teruhashi staring at Saiki.

"M'kay, I'll see you later." You left to sit behind him and saw Teruhashi talk to him. They were close enough so you could hear Teruhashi speak but you tried your best not to make it obvious.

"Hey, Saiki! Do you want to hang out today?" She seemed excited to talk to him. Unfortunately, you couldn't hear what Saiki said but based on Teruhashi's reaction, it wasn't good.

***

"No, I'm having another date with Y/n after school."

Teruhashi frowned.

"But, we haven't gone out together in a while!"

"We've never gone out with each other. Only as a group."

Saiki went to go sit down but Teruhashi grabbed his arm.

"Please do not touch me." He ripped his arm away from her. Teruhashi frowned and sat down in her seat.

***

Looking out the window, you saw a man walking with a woman. The man had his arm slung around the woman's shoulder and the woman was leaning on him. They seemed like an adorable couple.

"I wish I had a relationship like that." You sighed inside of your head.

"I can arrange that." Saiki joked to you, making you jump at his sudden intrusion.

"Seriously? Again?" You chuckled, not looking over at Saiki.

"Everyone else is boring." He seemed more lively today.

"Fair enough..." Your mind then accidentally proceeded to ponder about the conversation earlier between Teruhashi and Saiki.

"She wanted to hang out after school but I said we were going on a date."

"You need to stop telling people we're going on dates. They're going to get the wrong idea about us." You stated.

"Why? I bet I would be an amazing partner!" He chuckled and you laughed in response.

"Fine then, do you wanna hang out in my apartment after school?" You asked, expecting a moment of silence so he could think about what his parents would say but he responded immediately.

"Yes."

Not one crack of hesitation was in his voice.

"Okay, but it's not clean and I have some...stuff everywhere."

"I could always help you clean it up."

"No, it-" you began stuttering badly even if it was inside of your head. "It'll be fine...hopefully..."

After class, Saiki stopped by your desk. You gathered your things and smiled at him.

"You ready?" You asked him. He nodded as you slung your backpack over your shoulder. "So what do you wanna do when we get to my place?" You asked, ideas sprinting through your head.

He shrugged but had a small smirk on the corner of his mouth.

"We could play video games!" You gasped excitedly. "Or even watch a movie!" He smiled at your innocent and naive behavior.

Saiki, on the other hand, realized that leaving two teenagers completely alone in an apartment could lead to nothing but trouble.

And he was going to cause as much trouble as possible with you.