Chapter Fifty-Nine: A Pair of Fools Together

You very much doubted that he loved you.

How could he with your curse turning him into a fool?

"Y/N?" Kusuo spoke up. The running water nearly drowned out everything being said. "Is everything alright in there?"

"Oh, yeah. Everything is just amazing." You didn't even know if you were being sarcastic or genuine.

***

Wrapping yourself in a white towel, the pink-haired male quickly stood up and hovered over your action. It felt like you were being interrogated by the police with the amount of ferocity behind his eye movements. They trailed over you. Like watch dogs.

Taking a deep breath, you tried to relive some of the tension by saying something normal.

"You can look, pretty boy, but it'll cost you." Your voice was weaker than usual. Maybe because you were scared. Maybe because you were unsure.

A smile creeped up on Kusuo's face.

"How much? In fact how much for the whole stare?" His cocky smile nearly put you at ease. Your heart twitched with the old feelings you had for him as you shamefully grinned back.

"Should we go to your house first or to the park?"

Just before you could open your mouth to speak, he cut you off.

"Your house. We need to grab a few things like your clothes and stuff!" Kusuo had a childish grin on his face while your jaw was still half open.

Suddenly, without warning, the pink-haired male swung the door open and the cold air rushed through your bones.

Kuusuke was sitting on the couch, asleep. One of his long legs were slug over the cushions and drool dripped down his face and onto the puddle on the floor.

The younger sibling still paid no attention to him but walked right into his bedroom while you followed behind.

He didn't say anything for a minute. Kusuo just stared at you with thoughts that only he knew.

***

"God, damn it, she's fucking adorable. I can't just out right say that! She'll think I'm weak! I'll say something more manly like...

I-uhm..."

His pathetic stuttering caught you off guard. It was the only sound in the room and it lingered for longer than it was welcome. You tightly clung towel wrapped around your body as you smirked.

"Damn, I guess I'm so hot you can't talk."

Even though you truly didn't mean it deep down, it still meant you could make fun of the boy's pathetic state.

"Y-yeah, you are. Is there a cost for staring this time?" Kusuo looked down at the ground, trying his best not to make eye contact.

"Nah, only cost is for you to get us to my apartment." With a grin, he took your hand and, as the world passed by with all of its beauty, you could see the admiration plastered on his face. Kusuo's cheeks were a light tint of red while his smile spread from ear to ear. His eyes even displayed his heart out with the message of love.

You had realized that this face he had would only last about two more days before this would all be gone. It would go back to normal. School would just be another chore. Kusuo would just be another friend. Life would be as normal and mundane as everyone else's.

"...Y/N?" Kusuo's soft voice spoke up. "You can let go of my hand now, dear."

Snapping yourself out of your thoughts, you looked down and saw your hand tightly clasping his.

"Unless, of course, you want to hold my hand! I'm okay with that!" His smile didn't falter in the silence.

"Ah! I think I should actually go get changed first. Do you mind if you just look around for my keys? I think I lost them."

That request was a total lie. Your keys were in your bedroom but you knew Kusuo would follow you like a lost puppy and watch you change.

"Y-yeah! Anything you want, I can do!" He nodded vigorously before taking off and searching throw the apartment.

While he desperately did an impossible task, you turned around and made your own way to your own bedroom.

The smell seemed almost unfamiliar for a second. Like someone else had been living here. It was a weird couple of seconds but it allowed you to finally realize just how long you were away from your home.

***

Grabbing your keys that laid on your dresser, you walked out of your room in fresh clothes.

"Y/N! I'm sorry I couldn't find your..." He immediately stopped his sentence upon seeing the keys in your hands.

"Yeah, sorry, Kusuo." You grinned, "Apparently they were in my room and I didn't see them until I was walking out."

"Hm...maybe I should stay closer to you now. It could really help!"

"Oh, I don't think that's really necessary-"

"Nonsense! I just need to be more attached! Speaking of which, are you ready to go?"

With a defeated nod, you opened your front door and left, heading into town.

***

The streets were packed full of people. No one had work during this time and everyone was in a merry mood, especially the dads getting their last minute Christmas shopping done for their families.

"Hm, where should we go first? How about a diner to get some coffee jelly?" His voice was weak and excited like a teenage boy finally speaking to a woman.

"Sure! I have my wallet. Might as well make this count..." Mumbling the last part of your sentence, he didn't seem to catch on. It was your last few days where you could truly have a moment with Kusuo when he felt like you were dating. As soon as you took the medicine, you doubted anyone would ever speak to you again.

But you'd rather have someone be your friend because they enjoy you then have someone be fooled by your curse and into the illusion of enjoyment.

a/n wititjnters bloock help me