Chapter Fifty-Eight: Two Truths and a Lie

"Kusuo! Get the fuck up, you bitch!" Someone's loud and brash voice vibrated the house. It was the only sound you had heard since you woke up a few hours prior. You were too uncomfortable to sleep the entire time and Kusuo's disturbing sleep-talking was not helping.

The door suddenly swung open and the light from the hallway invaded your vision.

"Kusuo! Did you fucking hear me?!" Kuusuke ripped the covers off of the bed violently while shouting. The pink-haired male was somehow still asleep through all of this with his grip on your stomach tightening the louder his brother got.

The blonde male let out a groan and grabbed his younger brother by his ankles. He ripped him off the bed as quickly as he could. With Kusuo's hands still gripped around your body, you also went flying off the warm bed and onto the wooden floor.

"Shit! Sorry, Y/N." Kuusuke had a smile on his face as he held out his hand to help you up.

"I think you broke my dick, dude." With a funny grin back, you took his hand and allowed him to drag you across the floor with Kusuo's sleeping body dragging onto you.

Kuusuke sighed heavily while lifting his foot up and repeatedly bashing his head into his younger brother's face to push him off, "He owes me a new pair of socks..."

"Shit! What the hell is going on?!" The sudden sound of the little voice appeared in your head as his eyes shot open quickly.

"Oh my fucking god, no! I was starting to hope my dreams came true!" The older brother dragged your body a little further away from his brother as he spoke.

"What are you talking about?"

"I thought you were dead!"

His brash joke had a shameful smile creep onto your face while the pink-haired male slowly stood to his feet. Unlike your pleasant mood, Kusuo had decided he was going to be a bit...dramatic today.

"Kuusuke, do you really think you can just come into my room and fucking do that?!" Starting the day off on a great note, Kusuo was screaming so loud, you swore you could feel it shake the very fabric of your being.

"Yes."

You glanced up at the older male as he held your wrist. He had a dumb smile that threaten to release a laugh.

"Why are you even holding onto Y/N?! Get your hands off of her, you failure of a brother."

Kuusuke, who wasn't taking any of this with an ounce of seriousness, lifted you to your feet and twirled you in a circle. He placed one hand on your waist and balanced you carefully like a professional dancer.

"Nah, she's my best friend, can't do that."

"Kuusuke!" He was nearly popping a blood vessel as he yelled angrily at his brother.

"Ugh, fine...pissy today, aren't you?" He dropped you onto the floor with a cocky smile and walked out of the room. "Just leave the house within 2 hours."

The older brother slammed the door shut, leaving Kusuo and you alone in the darkness. He flipped the light switch on with a heavy sigh.

"Sorry, Y/N. I wasn't yelling at you." He calmly held out a hand to help you off the ground. Reluctantly taking it, he pulled you to your feet and smiled.

"...so...can I take a shower?" You awkwardly formed your face into a grin and looked at the ground.

"Of course! You know where it is right?"

"Yeah, I've been here befor-"

"I'll just show you!" His odd eagerness nearly made you forget what he had said last night about the door.

"How did Kuusuke get in here if you had all of those keys and stuff?" You softly asked, walking out into the hallway. The ground below you creaked with every suspicious step you took forward.

"The door wasn't locked! I was just seeing if you'd believe me or not!" Upon seeing his older brother on the couch, he went back to speaking telepathically. Either way, you were still a little puzzled.

"...So you lied to me about it?" As you walked down the hall, you stared violently into the back of his head.

Kusuo shrugged offhandedly with a grin and opened the door leading to the bathroom. Both of you stepped inside and he locked it behind himself.

"Lie is a...strong word to describe it" He smiled as he sat on the floor and pressed his back against the wall.

"I have a few strong words for you if you don't get your ass out of here." Crossing your arms, you raised an eyebrow and stood over him in a demanding way. He didn't say anything but frowned and blinked a few times. "Use your words. I don't speak the coward's language."

He rolled his eyes and began to use normal words, "I won't look! It'll be exactly last night when you changed!"

"Why do I even bother? You're a psychic or some shit! You probably have fuckin' x-ray vision or something!" You scoffed, turning to the shower and cranking on the faucet.

Kusuo's hesitation to speak made you a little worried.

"Well, I-I haven't been using my powers on you!"

"That seems...stupid. Why wouldn't you just use your goofy ass powers to make me do things?" As you dug for more information, the shower steam fogged up the bathroom mirror.

"First of all, they aren't goofy. Second of all, I wanted you to love me! I wanted the true you to love me. A-And it's not fair to you."

"...I really don't know if you're being serious right now. What isn't fair is that you love me because of my powers. If anything, I should be the one wanting you to love me for me."

The running water snapped you back to your current chore. Kusuo frowned and looked away before speaking once again.

"I do love you. I don't think you realize it."

His words lingered in the air, mixing with the heavy steam floating around in the tight room. You wanted to believe him, but how could you?

Your powers were fogging your mind more that the steam on the mirror.

a/n: why are you guys reading this to the point it almost has 20k reads (at the time of writing) you make me so fucking happy what the fuck is wrong wit you guys screw you