Chapter Fifty-Six: Counting Down the Days

"Mhm, yeah that's right, two American-style pizzas." Kuusuke nodded as if he was on a business call. He trailed around the living room, circling the table repeatedly."

"This guy is insufferable..." Kusuo said to you.

"...he's your brother, dude. I can't do anything about it." You crossed your arms and watched Kuusuke accidentally bash his knee into the corner of the table. With a disappointed but amused glance, you turned back to Kusuo.

"Don't call me 'dude'." 

"Alright, bro." Rolling your eyes, you decided to push your limits further. "Calm your dick. It ain't affecting nothing..." Using your typical pattern of speech, you could feel Kusuo's patients run low.

"It affects a lot. We're dating, act like it." His eyes behind his green-tinted glasses were laced with a pissed-off expression. His hand was now tightly wrapped around your forearm; tightening with every passing second.

With a slight whimper, you faced away from the increasing pain. Kuusuke was holding back tears while holding his kneecaps and, seeing as the only other thing that was going on in the room was the television you ripped your arm away from the boy and fell onto the couch next to the pained male.

"A-alright...thank you..." As soon as the phone hung up, Kuusuke cried out in pain. He rocked himself back and forth while holding the injured limb. 

"Grow the fuck up. You are an adult." Kusuo furrowed his eyebrows together and looked at his brother with disgust.

He didn't say anything but released a few bubbles of sobs.

"I have a higher pain tolerance than him, Y/N. I wasn't dropped on my fucking head as a child either."

Immediately at the mention of competition, Kuusuke stopped his pathetic pouting. "Sorry, I just love this show so much it was making me emotional." He faked a few more sobs and wiped his tears like a mother watching her child leave for college.

"You always do this..." Kusuo heavily scowled. "You're just mad I finally beat you. I finally got a girlfriend before your pathetic ass."

Kuusuke raised an eyebrow before glancing back and forth between you and the pink-haired psychic.

"Alright, pal, whatever you want."

With a victorious smirk, Kusuo fell onto the couch beside you. He decided to celebrate his said victory by wrapping one of his arms around your shoulder and pulling you closer to him.

The room was silent for a while. There were a bunch of sounds that could contradict your statement but the feeling was silent.

***

Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock-

Kusuo violently stood to his feet and ran over to the door. The pizza delivery person was repeatedly and obnoxiously banging on the door.

"Hey, Y/N, are you gonna tell me how to act so I don't accidentally get myself fucking murdered, or do you want that?" With a cheeky smile, Kuusuke took his focus off the TV.

You playfully grinned and turned your body to face him, "It sounds super fuckin' weird but I actually know a lot about his whole 'tactics'!" 

"Well, tell me. I don't want to get killed by my little brother. Thats fucking cringe."

"So, just agree with whatever he says. It's pretty easy. It can get him a little more angry, though, depending on the tone you use." As you explained your extensive but disturbing knowledge on this, Kusuo came back holding two large boxes, smelling strongly of American pizza. 

"Y/N, I was also thinking we could go out on a date when you're ready. We should also stop by your apartment to pick up some clothes as well."  He smiled softly as he set the pizza on the table in front of the TV.

"Mhm, thank you, Kusuo." Following your own set of rules, you agreed and thanked him, despite having absolutely no reason to. 

"Fuck yeah, pizza!" Kuusuke playfully pushed you out of the way and grabbed an entire box of pizza while you jokingly cried out in pain.

"Kuusuke." Kusuo suddenly said coldly. The gleeful demeanor was immediately snapped like a twig. "Get your disgusting hands off of her, do you understand me?"

Kuusuke frowned and looked between you and the fuming younger sibling.

"Kusuo, it's fine, he was just messing around." Speaking in a sweet voice, you tried your best to hold back the horror you felt. 

"...you're lucky, Kuusuke." He let out an extremely dramatic sigh. Kusuo then sat next to you on the couch, wrapping one of his arms around your shoulder and pulling you closer. 

Before this had all happened, you would probably be okay with this. Maybe even happy! I mean, at one point in time, you loved him.

The rest of the night was spent in silence, watching the TV and eating the grease-covered pizza.

***

"Come on, Y/N. You can sleep in my room tonight." 

"Uhm, actually, the basement is pretty comfortable...kinda liked that wooden chair." It was a half-lie. Anything would be more comfortable than being locked in your stalkers bedroom. 

"I wasn't offering. I was telling you politely." He flashed his eyes dangerously, seeming more bark than bite.

You opened your mouth to fight back but no words formed on your tounge. You could have said a lot of things, sure, but you were limited by common sense.

The pink-haired male grabbed you by your wrist and tugged you into his room. Waving sadly to the older brother, you realized he had been asleep this entire time. The cardboard box was empty on his lap and he was covered in grease from the meal.

"I don't know why you're being so argumentative right now." Kusuo sighed, flipping on the light switch to his room. Not bothering to respond since you were sure it would cause an argument, you shifted uncomfortably in the lingere that still dug into your body.

"Oh, right! Here, you can borrow some of my clothes!" He continued to have a one-sided conversation with you, reaching into his closet and picking out some surprisingly normal clothes.

As he shoved the fabric into your hands, you could only hope your prediction about your parents present was right. Charles is your newest doctor, after all. Why else would he be there?

"...are you going to change?"