Chapter Fifteen: Friendly Flirting

You quickly glanced up and saw Saiki standing in front of you, holding a package of what you assumed to be coffee jelly.

"Who was that? Why was she so...bitchy?" He tilted his head to the side, trying to keep most of his anger from pouring out.

"That was my mother." You smiled as fake as you could muster. "Just calling me to inform me how my father is doing!" Trying your best to lie, you knew you wouldn't get far.

"Oh."

He eyed you suspiciously as he sat on the curb of the sidewalk.

The sun had already begun to rise higher and the street lamps had turned off a while ago. The mysterious feeling of the dawn had worn off and now people were buzzing throughout the streets.

"Open," Saiki demanded, lifting a white, plastic spoon to your lips. Mindlessly, you listened and ate it.

"Thanks..." You mumbled out; your eyes trained to a specific empty tree branch. The leaves had already disappeared a while ago and allowed more of the soft sunlight to pass through.

"Open," Saiki repeated.

Sticking to a routine, you opened your mouth but you glanced over at him instead.

He was smiling widely and staring at the spoon. When Saiki saw you look over at him, he made eye contact and brought the spoon to his lips.

"How much longer until school starts?" You hummed out, standing up. Saiki quickly followed and shot up from the ground.

"We have 5 minutes to get to school." He said calmly, throwing the plate in the trash can.

"WHAT?!" You looked at him. "We're never gonna make it! Come on, we gotta go!" You snatched his hand and tried to sprint off in the direction of the school building but Saiki didn't budge.

"Y/N. I could, just, y'know." He shrugged, still smiling.

"Oh...right. Hehe," you awkwardly chuckled and let go of his hand. It limply fell to his side.

"You...you didn't have to stop holding my hand..." He lightly frowned. "We have to...touch...so I can teleport us both..." He lied. Truth was, Saiki didn't have to even look at you to teleport either of you but he just needed an excuse to be close to you.

You nodded, falling for the lie.

Pressing your hand against his wrist, you looked at him and waited.

"No, closer," He shook his head.

You pressed your arm against his and now the two of you were standing side by side.

He scoffed and urged you to go on.

Rolling your eyes, you decided to make a snarky remark.

"How close do I gotta be to you? Just show me what you want!"

As soon as those words were processed in his mind, he smirked.

Grabbing you by your shoulders, he tightly pressed you against his chest, wrapping his skinny arms around your back.

Your chest pressed against his own as he held you tightly.