Chapter Four: Not-So-Reserved Psychic

Saiki looked at you. "I would but I didn't bring any money."

You grinned and took his hand, failing to see his face turn pink.

"Well, I brought money so let's go." You said, bringing the two of you into the line.

"I could just go get money." He said with no emotion.

"No, I wanna buy it for you." You took out your wallet and began counting the money. Saiki peered over your shoulder, seeing the large bills. Using reasonable deduction, he concluded you had at least 650,000 yen casually in your wallet.

"How does she...?"

"Besides, I have no idea what a coffee jelly is." You accidentally interrupted his curiousness.

When it was your turn to purchase it, you put out the money and Saiki grabbed it.

"One coffee jelly, please!" You grinned, glancing over at Saiki. He handed the cashier the bills as you looked through his tinted green glasses and into his daring eyes.

You had no idea what this boy was doing to your personality but it made you more...confident.

You liked it.

The cashier nodded and within a few seconds, came back with a plate of brown jelly.

"You two are such a cute couple!" The old cashier commented. You laughed awkwardly, trying to dismiss it.

"Can you say thanks?" Saiki asked.

"The fuck, dude?" You responded within your head.

"Just do it."

You looked at him oddly but reluctantly followed his request.

"Uhh, Thank you."

The cashier grinned and helped the next person with their order.

"That was weird..." You commented as you sat down at a nearby bench.

"I thought it was quite wholesome of her." Saiki hummed as he took a bite of the brown jelly.

"You think?" You tilted your head. "But we aren't dating..."

Saiki shrugged. "It's best to agree with those things to not make it awkward." He smirked again, seemingly enjoying the coffee jelly.

"Is that any good? I might go buy another one for me." You asked.

"We could just share." Saiki offered. You chuckled, thinking it was a joke. He then proceeded to take a generous chunk of the jelly and raise it to your lips.

"You're gonna feed me?" You expected him to say it was a joke but he persisted. You even half-expected him to start doing the airplane things parents did when their toddlers didn't want to eat their baby food.

"I thought this guy was supposed to be reserved and shit?" You thought to yourself. Saiki purposely ignored your comment.

After a few seconds of awkward eye contact, you reluctantly took a bite.
"Do you like it?" He asked, tilting his head to the left.

"It's... Amazing." You marveled at the exquisite taste of the jelly. Saiki smiled.

"I'm glad you like it. Coffee jelly is my favorite thing and if you didn't like it, then I would probably never speak to you again." He laughed. You smiled curiously in return.

It was weird hearing someone laugh when nothing was said out loud.

Cautiously, Saiki ate from the same spoon as you, noticing your leftover saliva. But when he put the spoon in his mouth, he realized that either the coffee jelly was really good or something was off about your spit.

Saiki finished the food, and you both continued, walking aimlessly down the sidewalk.

Forgetting you were with a mind-reading asshole, you began to daydream about jumping off of a building. You were curious if anyone would care.

Teruhashi definitely wouldn't. Speaking reasonably, no one would. You had just come to the school. You hadn't formed a bond with anyone yet.

"I would." Saiki interrupted. "And we have a bond together, Y/n"

"Holy fuck dude!" You jumped. The people around you looked confused and concerned. "Don't do that without warning!"

"I would miss you though." He seemed like he was walking closer to you than ever before.

"It's just a thought, don't worry." You dismissed his worry.

The two of you began walking through a thick crowd of people and Saiki quickly took your hand.

"Let's go." He guided you between people and gripped your hand comfortingly. Eventually, you made it out of the crowd but Saiki didn't let go of your hand.

"Heh, Saiki, you can let go now." You chuckled.

"No. I don't wanna lose you."

Despite the context of the sentence, your face still turned a little red.

"Reserved my ass..." Saiki chose once again to ignore your comment. But strangely enough, you were right. Why was he growing close to you?

"I'm...growing close to someone...that I just met? How...?" He shook this thought from his head. Both of you were exaggerating this situation. This is what friends do...right?

"Let's go, Y/n."

"O-okay." You looked back at him and said "Where are we going?"

A small smile formed in the corner of his mouth.

"You'll see when we get there." The
two of you walked in a comfortable silence until a loud crash came from behind you followed by a loud screech.

"SAIKI! YOU TWO-TIMING COCK-BLOCK!"