Chapter Forty: Powerful People with a Foolish Plan

"This is stupid. All of you are stupid."

"Lighten up, Kusuo. We're just trying to help!" With a smirk, Aiura finally convinced him to give in.

"If one thing goes wrong, I'm blaming you."

Trailing out of the bathroom, you clenched your fists at your sides.

"What if I actually have a crush on him? This won't end well..." You thought to yourself automatically, idiotically forgetting the actual psychic in the room.

"Hey Y/N." Kusuo caught your attention. Everyone was sitting on the couch together while a movie intro began playing. "Come sit by me." You lightly grinned and trailed over to the couch.

"Where do I sit? Nendo, move over dude." Lightly laughing, you pushed the tall male lightly. In retaliation, Nendo moved you in front of Kusuo, who had his arms open.

"Come on, Y/N..." Teruhashi purred, smirking like a maniac.

"...you guys act like I would be embarrassed about this." Blinking a few times, you finally sat down on Kusuo's lap crossing your legs and watching the movie.

"Aiura! What do I do?!" The pink haired male frantically looked between his confident friend and his crush.

"Why are you asking me?!" She said back, "just do what you'd think she'd like!"

With a soft, supportive gesture from Aiura, the boy finally guided his hands around your waist.

Without another thought, you leaned into him, still focused on the TV screen.

As more time went on, Kusuo's confidence grew. He placed his legs around your waist and attached onto you and even rested his chin on your shoulder to see the TV screen.

You, on the other hand, still feared falling for the male and going into another stalker situation. Every breathe he took landed on your skin and trailed down your clothes.

"Maybe Kusuo being a stalker wouldn't be the worst...he's quite nice..." As you comforted yourself, you leaned into him further.

You turned around to face Kusuo, tiredly smiling as he avoided eye contact.

"Hm...are you okay? You feel a little warm..."

"I-I'm fine..." He barely said aloud so only you could hear.

"AIURA!" Kusuo panicked, holding you tighter. "What do I do now?!"

"Jeez, man, you're doing fine. Maybe give her a little kiss or something. Tease her a little." With a casual smirk, Aiura looked over at the two of you.

Kusuo gave her a trusting nod, and turned to face your focused expression.

Your eyes were trailing over his lips, or so he thought. In reality, you were thinking about cannibalism and how he would taste.

"Hey...Y/N." Kusuo calmly got your attention, making you snap about of your concerning daydream.

"Hm? What's up?"

He leaned in closer to fill the gap, hoping you'd get the message and complete the kiss like you usually do.

But this time was different.

"...not right now. There are other people around and it'll be weird and gross and...I don't want to deal with that right now..."

"Oh-oh yeah...I understand."

***

The movie at this point was getting quite boring and you were surrounded by people who actually cared for you.

With the sounds of Nendo tripping in
the back and with Aiura chatting with Teruhashi, waves of sleepiness ran over you like in an ocean.

Like the sea, you could feel Kusuo tighten his grip around you while he rocked his legs back and forth...

***

"Hey, it's gettin' late. Rest of us are gonna head out. You sure you don't want any help changing her or putting her to bed or are you gonna do that yourself, perv." Aiura, being as cocky as she was, still found was to tease the flustered male.

"I-I can take care of her!" He gently stood up with you tightly in his arms. Your sleeping figure lured into his touch.

"Hm, just don't do anything stupid." The two girls then left with Nendo hurrying behind.

Kusuo then looked down at your sleeping face, smiling softly. He didn't look away as he walked into your bed room.

"Hm...Kusuo?" You mumbled, feeling his hands rest on your face.

"Go back to bed..." He lifted the covers and threw it over the two of you, pulling you closer than you've been.

"Wh-what time is it?" You tried to sit up straight but Kusuo forced you onto the bed, pressing into your skin.

"Come on, Y/N." He tightened his grip around you.

"No, I gotta-"

"Y/N." Kusuo spoke in a loud, warning tone.

"Ugh, fine. You're lucky, man."

You sighed, resting your body against his. Despite your best attempt to be relaxed, your brain was running wild.

"I can't be in love with him! That's stupid dangerous, Y/N! You're better than this! Keep it in your god dammed pants!" You thought to yourself, frequently forgetting the psychic.

Kusuo, who was on the verge of breaking, sat restlessly underneath you.

"Y/N," Kusuo spoke softly, "You know that you can tell me anything, right? You don't have to hide anything from me."

"...goodnight Kusuo. I'll talk to you in the morning."

And that's how the night ended.

With your pathetic feelings on full display for him.