Chapter Forty-Two: Fighting for Dominance

***

"Okay, look man, I really am sorry for whatever I did to deserve this."

"Too late to apologize now, Y/N."

You sat at your dinner table, shoulder to shoulder, with Kusuo. It was nearly silent throughout the whole apartment. The plate in front of you was empty and you could hear the extremely quiet sound of the food cooking behind you.

"Besides," Kusuo broke the rising anxiety provided by the silence. "You promised you'd repay me, right?"

You gave the waiting male a silent nod while he lightly ran his hands up your arms.

"Your food's nearly done. Bring your plate."

***

Nearly as soon as you walked into the kitchen, something was wrong. You couldn't tell what exactly was off but you were not about to let it slide. Fear or something similar crawled up your spine.

"Hey, Kusuo? Does something feel a little wrong-"

Finally making eye contact with your friend, you figured out what was wrong.

He was shirtless.

"What the fuck are you doing?" You laughed out, nearly dropping the plate you held.

He turned to you with a serious expression mixed with a smirk.

"I'm sure you won't be laughing soon. Remember, your actions can have consequences."

"Yeah, yeah, fuck head. I doubt you'll do anything serious."

The pink-haired male simply smiled and placed some food on your plate, watching you eat it carefully.

"Y/N is joking, right? S-She takes me seriously! I can prove myself to her!"

"...why the fuck are you looking at me like that?"

"Sit on the counter."

"Why would I sit on the counter?"

"Get on the fucking counter."

"That's kind of rude of you, Kusuo." You pushed your plate to the side reluctantly and pulled yourself up on the counter. Letting your legs dangle off the side, you noticed Kusuo looking at you with a wide, innocent, smile.

"Are you going to apologize for being a dick all of a sudden?" You crossed your arms angrily.

"I-I'm sorry. It's kind of the only way you'll listen to me!" He took a few steps forward. Shamefully, you looked at the tile on the floor. You felt bad for being slightly bitchy to him.

"I'm sorry, Kusuo. I should probably be a little nic-"

Immediately, you stopped talking. The pink-haired male's hand caressed your cheek. With every word you said, he inched closer and closer until he was right between your thighs.

"Do you know how I feel?" He simply asked. You shook your head. "Y/N, Nothing you could ever do would make me stop loving you. Hell, you could spit on me and tell me I'm worthless and..." Before he could finish his loving confession, he trailed off.