Chapter Sixty-Four: Until Tomorrow

"Murder. I told you this yesterday! Did you seriously believe it wasn't blood?!" You threw your hands up in the air as you yelled. It was hard to comprehend his stupidity. "Are you that dense you'd believe him over me?! You idiot!"

"I don't know! I was busy yesterday! I had a lot on my mind, bitch! Don't yell at me!" He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, sighing dramatically as he did so. Kuusuke was like his brother in the way that neither of them seemed to be affected by a large crime. They probably got it from their mother. 

"Don't call me a bitch! You're a fucking bitch!" You crossed your arms back, starting the argument.

"You're a bigger bitch, bitch!"

"Shut up, bitch!"

"Make me, bitch!"

"Make yourself shut up, bitch!"

"No, bitch!" 

Your playful, yet vulgar argument had distracted either of you from the pink-haired male. He slowly crept up on the argument, walking silently through the house.

"Kuusuke, what were you saying?" 

Kusuo was standing right behind you, breathing closely down your neck. His breath was humid, hot, and very, annoyingly loud. 

"I'm calling Y/N," Kuusuke paused, glancing at you, and then back to Kusuo. "A bitch!" His words nearly echoed throughout the entire house, shaking the world itself down to its very core.

"A what?" Kusuo stared deeply at his joking brother; the joke was already way over his head.

"I said she was a bitch. Need me to say it again?!" Kuusuke picked up a throw pillow off of the couch and threw it towards you, falling short about 3 feet.

"You're a bitch, you Ken-doll-looking ass! Don't insult my personality if it's the only thing you can fucking react to!" Laughing, you picked up the pillow and tossed it over to Kuusuke. During the fight, you calmly ignored Kusuo, who didn't react well. 

"Hey! Come on, don't fight with me today." He frowned as he faced you, leaning over your shoulder.

"Mhm, so sorry about that." Rolling your eyes, you dropped the failed attempt at ignoring the pathetic boy. It was probably better to admit defeat early than let everything build up. 

"When are we leaving?" Kuusuke turned to Kusuo, "I want to see if Y/N finally leaves you."

"Excuse me? Who said you were coming with us? And she isn't going to leave me!"

"Me." He smirked, standing proudly with his hands on his hips.

***

Your crystallized breath hung in the air in front of you, staying for a few minutes, and then disappearing into the atmosphere once again. 

The outfit Kusuo had picked out for you was...interesting, to say the least. It looked like something you'd wear to a family gathering, and maybe during an apocalypse. It was extremely modest, and you had a fair idea why.

"Something wrong?" Kusuo turned to you as the three of you walked down the sidewalk. He slyly slid his hand into yours, reducing the feeling of cold quickly. Usually, you'd shake off his attempt at affection, but you were freezing your balls off. 

There was barely any snow, but there were a lot of icicles that hung like ornaments off of the branches of trees that you assumed once flourished in the spring.

"Why did you pick these clothes out?" You simply asked, focusing your eyes straight ahead.

"I thought they looked nice." He shrugged, dismissing the obvious fact you looked like Adam Sandler on a Tuesday afternoon. 

"Mhm, okay." Rolling your eyes, you continued to face ahead.

Kuusuke, however, was in a realm of his own. He was running at least 50 feet ahead of you, grabbing icicles that hung off of tree branches and breaking them on the ground. His aloofness had almost gotten him in trouble a few times with passing pedestrians and he was currently getting scolded by a mother whose child had been copying his destructive behavior.

"God, what an idiot," You heard him sigh out loud, "Want to sneak off?"

"Nah, I like watching him. He's like a little kid." 

"Maybe you're the true idiot by being entertained." He rolled his eyes. "This is called emotional cheating, by the way," You could tell he was joking, but you didn't respond.

It would all be gone by tomorrow afternoon, anyway. Peace. Freedom. And happiness. You could imagine it already... The 24-carat gold turkey baked fresh by your chef, the bubbly water, and a nice family conversation.

You could even picture the conversation! 

Your mother asking how your day at school was and your father complaining about a hard day's work at the office! You could finally be a family! Like the ones you've seen on TV! 

"...we could be a family like that." Kusuo simply said, trailing his thumb up and down your hand. "You could eat dinner with my family after school, and then my mother would ask, and my father would complain. They love you, you know."

"I want my family, Kusuo. I want my family to love me." With your quietest voice, you turned your head to the side and looked at the park. Fairy lights decorated the archways that entered the ice rink and there were more sappy couples than there are in a Hallmark movie. There was a feeling of joy in the air, but you couldn't feel it for yourself.

"I know, Y/N. But my family loves you and I want you to remember that."

"My parents are going to hate you. I just wanted you to know before you got your hopes up." Glancing over at him, you saw a little smile form on his face.

"Well, we don't  entirely need a parent's blessing to get married."

"Jesus fucking christ, you won't let it go."

"I know. I won't let you go either. No matter how much you claim to hate me.  Now come on, before Kuusuke hears me." He had a wide smile on his face as he whispered into your ear. He seemed happy. Happier than you've probably ever seen anyone. Before you could manage yourself, he tugged you along to the skating rink, holding onto your hand tightly.

Maybe, just for today, you'd be able to let the grudge go and treat him the way he had been treating you. With love.