Chapter Fifty-Four: An Overdue Explanation

"She's...she's going to leave me?" His mumble was nothing but a small, weak whisper in the middle of the hallway. Kusuo couldn't believe what he had heard. Had he not shown enough love for you? Is this because of the kidnapping? "Oh...oh fuck no..." 

You were like a drug to him. What would even happen if you were taken away?! Kusuo couldn't even imagine you being 30 feet away from him. What if you got hurt? What if Vincent escaped? What if someone else fell in love with you?! 

His heart slowly sped up in his chest. "No, no, no, NO!" His whispers didn't remain whispers for long.

Kusuo was addicted to you. Addicted to everything about you. You couldn't leave him. 

He wouldn't let you.

***

"What is that?" Chiyo tilted her head sideways as you grabbed the strange fabric and brought it into your line of sight.

"I knew it..." With a soft and gentle mumble, you tossed the bra across the room, making it land directly on his desk. "It's nothing important."

"Ooo~ Is that what I think it is?" The girl attempted to brighten your clearly upset expression but to no avail.

You knew exactly what Kusuo had done. Even if you didn't want to admit it yourself, you were right.

Kusuo and Vincent were nearly the same person. 

A part of you felt bad. 

It wasn't his fault.

It was yours.

And it was your job to fix it.

***

Kuusuke sprinted down the hall and saw his younger brother crying on the floor with his back pressed against the wall. He had known to be rightfully worried when he heard him speak.

"Holy shit, what happened?" With a horrified look, the older looked around for some sort of murder scene. Maybe you had gotten killed? Where would his money go though?

"She...she's going to leave me, Kuusuke." Kusuo buried his red face into the palms of his hands and let the tears run down his wrists.

"H-Hey, man...maybe you weren't meant to be?" He fell down on the wooden floor next to his brother. A concerning amount of tears formed into a puddle.

Oddly enough...he had never seen his own brother cry. Not even when he was a baby.

"No! That's not it! She loves me and I love her! I-I just...I just haven't proven myself to her yet! Maybe if I love her more? Maybe if I give her more freedom?"

The boy quickly wiped his snot off his nose and rocked himself back and forth like a child after seeing a horror movie. Kusuo was finally going insane. Every second with you was like a stab in his mental sanity. Every second without you was like a stab in his heart. 

At the moment, he couldn't tell which pain was greater.

"Kusuo...buddy...maybe this isn't how you love someone." Kuusuke did his best to comfort his younger brother, praying to god you were right about the meetup in 4 days. He couldn't stand his brother being upset like this. Both because he secretly cared and because he was getting really fucking pissy.