Chapter Forty-Eight: An Alliance with a Big Brother

You couldn't remember the last time you could think clearly. You hadn't even been down here that long...you think. Maybe two days?

"Hey, Y/N." Out of the corner of your eye, you saw the door swing open and a little light flood in before the rest of the damp basement before the fluorescent overhead flickered on. "Are you still upset?"

Upset was a light word for how you felt. 

Maybe angry to the point you would rip his head off and shove it up his ass was a better descriptor.

"I see...You'll warm back up to me eventually." His footsteps came closer until he stood right in front of you.

With your arms pinned behind your back and with your legs wrapped around the base of the chair, you couldn't do much to save yourself from motions like his constant nagging.

"One day, you'll appreciate this, dear." He knelt down and went to move your chin up to face him. Instead, you heavily flinched. You no longer loved the monster that was in front of you. You despised it. Loathed with every particle of your being.

"Come on, Y/N...work with me a little."

You didn't respond. Maybe because it was the fear of letting him know how you truly felt. Maybe you were just so mad, you couldn't form words. You didn't even know yourself.

"Please? I-I'll let you off the chair for a little?"

As soon as his offer left his mouth, you quickly glanced up at him.

"...alright." 

It was the first word you'd spoken since this all happened.

Kusuo's head poked up at you like an innocent dog. He quickly untied all of the ropes, touching your body a lot longer than needed. 

"Y-Y/N! I'm so glad you're talking to me again!" He had a wide grin as you stood up. 

You stood face to face, nearly breathing down his neck.

"I...hate you." Staring into his eyes, you knew this wouldn't change anything.

"It's okay, Y/N..." He mumbled. "I love you."

Kusuo gently pulled you into a hug, trying his best to keep his composure. 

"She doesn't hate me, she doesn't hate me, she doesn't hate me." 

The basement was silent for a while. 

"Do you mean it?" You spoke up, pushing him away from you.

"That I love you? Of course, I do! I love you more than coffee jelly or myself."

"Then you wouldn't do this." 

Sitting back onto the chair you eyed his reaction. His smile faded into an emotionless expression.

"You'll understand why I'm doing this one day."

"Shut up. You're exactly like Vincent." Scoffing, you looked away. 

"No, you shut it!" Kusuo shouted. It was the first time you'd seen him truly angry. "Don't compare me to that ungrateful son of a bitch! He didn't love you, Y/N! I love you! What the fuck don't you understand?!"