I Feel At Home

(Thank You for reading my story. I needed to write again because, my pet guinea pig is ill and is on medication. She seems healthier, but her movement is worrying me a lot, it's off. I tried everything to help her. She is 6 years old now. Writing this story helps me keep my mind a bit calmer a the moment)

(Atem's POV)

I patiently waited their arrival. I didn't know what to do. 'It was so sudden. Did they cross safely, did the ritual work?'

Suddenly in the corner of my eye. I see the figures get thrown out from a cloud, right onto the ground.

'Dear ra! is that___?!She looks to be in a horrible state.'

"Men! prepare medical aid and place it in my quarters."

I speed walked over to ____'s poor battered injured self.
"My king." Greeted Mahad. "Mahad take her friend to a spare room." Mahad bowed and picked up Diva who was sleeping but not injured.

I kneeled down next to __'s form. Assessing her injuries. It hurt to see her like this. " It's alright now.., I got you."

(Reader's MyPOV)

My mind was all fuzzy, I was somewhat awake after being spat onto the ground. The hard floor made it worse on me as I arrived. I couldn't move.

'W-wait.. is that his voice?' Myjumbled mind thought. I felt myself getting lifted up off the floor.
"A..-tem.." I weakly said, still out of it. I couldn't open my eyes.

He looked down at me hearing my soft voice. "Yes.. I'm here..." He whispered. He was so exited but worried at the same time. He was happy to see me but concerned about how I looked. Black eye.., cut marks scrapes. He wished he could have helped sooner.

(Next Morning)

It was late evening when we arrived back to Atem's time, I had no clue at the time.

I opened up my one good eye. Feeling too much of a sting I kept my bruised eye shut.

I did it, I was back living in the time of pharaohs. I sighed and sat up against the large pillow. I glanced down at my arm. It was wrapped in pure white gauze. It felt so soft against my injured skin.

Then it hit me, who's room was I in?

It was still early morning. I couldn't heard a sound it was so quiet. My sheets were violet and white. Same with the pillows.'Wait, is this Atem's room??'

I nearly had my face burst into flames. I shouldn't be here, this was his room. His property.

I stared out across the room. My heart nearly stopped noticing a figure curled up a long silk half bed, it was sorta like a ancient sofa.

To my shock the figure was a napping Atem. I felt even more embarrassed. Knowing I was sharing his room with him.

I wanted to stand up but suddenly felt wobbly. I leaned to the side knocking something off the table. It clanged loudly against the ground making me freeze. Atem began to stir in his sleep.

'Crap ...' I thought.

It was too late he was already waking up. He slowly sits up. He wasn't wearing any of his golden jewelry , and no crown. His head hurts towards me. Violet eyes lock onto my stunned ones.
"My, ___you are awake.!" He seemed glad, but concern was written on his face still. He stood up slowly walking towards me not wanting to frighten me. After all he's a man and I was in his room.

"I Im sorry I shouldn't be here.., I I should go." I tried standing up but slipped from my unsteady feet. He swiftly stretched out his arm to catch me from falling.

"Feww... that was close." He sighed, then he looked up at me again. I was a couple inches taller than Atem, but to him I still weighed nothing.

"Please don't go...you are not well yet." It was like he was begging a bit.

"I uh.. this is your room, I shouldn't be evading it."

He leads me to the bed side and sits. " N-no..you are welcome here. Plus it was my choice to let you rest here. This area is quiet, good for wounded or sick."

He glanced at my swollen eye. he gently reached up a hand and placed it on my head. " Tell me, dose it hurt you still? I knew what he ment. I nod my head. My eye did hurt a lot still. His soft voice made my tear up, I missed him.

I suddenly leaned forward and wrapped my arm around him. I began to
sniffle like a child. It was so embarrassing.
"Ah...it's alright I'm here now.." He patted my back as he let me crush him in a hug.
"I missed you..s-so much..."

He felt a tug at his heartstrings. "I'm glad to hear my world gives you that much comfort. I took care of Prince for you, just like you wanted. That bright stallion is so happy."

Atem tried to help calm me down. After a bit more time I let him go. He looks back at me with such kind eyes.

"I would like to go outside...if that's allowed." 

"Of course you may, though I don't think your steady enough to walk yet. How about I first bring you a small meal and drink. It's not like back home for you... but I see if I can find something you like." He scratched his head a bit.

"Alright thanks." He smiled once again." ai know you aren't fond of most dresses, but I was able to find you this robe like clothing for you. I think if you air out more your wounds it will speed up the healing. Plus if you don't want to see anyone I can personally tell the servants and people to leave you to rest."

I glanced at the dress Atem found me in the corner. " At least try it...the weather is at its hottest, Id rather avoid you having heatstroke."

I nod my head." Why.. are you always so kind to me...how can I ever repay you..." I said in a sleepy voice.

"Do not worry about that ____, you deserve so much...I also do not mind helping you. You have always been there for me, so it's my turn." He reached out gently touching my arm. He was so kind to me.

-To Be Continued