I Feel At Home Part 3

(The title of this book did change a bit. I wanted it to fit more with the way the story is written. I also use a few reference photos of Assassins Creed Origin, since it takes place in Egypt. It helps show the details. Personally, I love that game very much.)

My eyes scanned the area of the palace. It was just as remembered. Really pretty, shiny objects everywhere. I was finally gonna see the horse I was given.

"You alright____?" Atem glanced down at me with those violet eyes. "Yeah, I'll be fine. Let's just get there soon."

He smiled a bit. "Of course, I am going as fast as I can." Atem snuck me through the inside of the palace walls. Out of consideration, he tried to not have us bump into anyone else.

( Time Skip)

We were finally outside, it was really hot outside, but the small breeze coming from the Nile helped cool us off a bit. We began to approach the stables. I see Mahad there holding two horses by the reins.

"Ah, Mahad. Thank you for tending to the horses." Mahad bows his head. Then looks at me. "Of course highness. It was no trouble. Lady ____, you look better." His glances at the glittering jewelry I wore.

"My king, isn't that your..jewels?"

"Yes, and now they are her's." Atem sets me down on my feet. "Oh, alright then. Here your horses." He gave us the reins. I walk up to my dapple grey arabian stallion Prince.

 I walk up to my dapple grey arabian stallion Prince

"Hi boy." I gently patted his neck, the horse right away let out a snort, greeting me. "Thank you...you took good care of him." I smiled.

"I'm pleased to see you are happy. Would you like some help mounting?" Atem offered, but Mahad also stood there wondering if I would take the offer. I thought about it for a moment. I looked at Mahad and dropped the reins into his hand. He gave me a confused look, which made Atem crack a smile.

I stuck my sore leg into the stirrup and pulled myself up, wincing in pain from the fairly new injuries. "Uggh...m-maybe I shouldn't have done that." I instantly felt so free, strong, sitting up on the horse's back.

"Well, that works too. Good job." Atem still grinned. Mahad passed me the reins, and patted the horse's neck. "Now..no reckless acts."

"Relax man. I got this." My confidence was a bit too high at the moment. Atem climbed up onto his beautiful horse too and looked at me. "Shall we go?"

 "Shall we go?"