🌸The Pyramid Of Puzzles🌸Part 7

I swallowed the pain in my ankles. I did not mention to him just how much the scrapes from the rocks stung. I pretended to be alright, just tired. I did not want to end up bedridden again, not after the events with Seto.

"You alright...?" Atem's soft words got me out my mind. "Oh.. sorry yes." I nod my head, and slowly back away from him. Feeling like I should try to walk with no help. Atem held an arm out of kindness, to help steady me.

Suddenly after walking for a while, a strange feeling washed over me. I felt sick to my stomach. I began to lean forward.

"___!" Atem gasped seeing me hang my head and began to touch down on my knees. "What is the matter?!" He panicked a bit.

"Ngh...I'm not sure, but I suddenly feel really sick..." I gripped my stomach. Atem helplessly looked down at me, both his hands were on top of my shoulders.

Suddenly Atem felt something strange. His head snapped up. "Who goes there?!" He asked in a  stern voice. Diva kneeled down next to me trying to comfort me, as I tried to hold back the feeling of throwing up.

"Who are you talking to?" Diva blinked, thinking the pyramid might be playing tricks on us.

Atem gripped his fist." Don't lie, I know you are there. Show yourself." ' I sense something..., a spirit perhaps?' He thought to himself.

"Ughh...." I hissed again. Atem looked at me really worried.

"Are you a spirit?" Atem questioned.

"Hmm..smart human you are." An eerie voice suddenly spoke. Suddenly I felt the tugging at me to leave, and I fell down to the ground in relief. Diva grabbed my form before I hit my floor.

"Are you alright..??" Diva held me closer to him, as a gasped for air. 'God what on earth was that?? I felt so sick. It was as if...a presse-' My eyes widen. I was gonna say something, but then I see a white whispy form of a human in front of Atem.

'Spirit..? this is starting to make sense. OH NO! not again!' Suddenly the white wisp flew toward me.

Atem gasps, and holds his arms our firmly, trying to block it from getting to me. "HALT!" Atem orders.

'Feww....' I gasped...as I sunk back down in Diva's hold on me.

"Why are you trying to possess my friend??!"

"You are trespassing on sacred ground..! No human should be here." It hissed at us. Atem's eye narrows as he stands strong in front of me and Diva. "Sacred ground you say? I did not see any sign or warning. Why do you want to possess my friend?! she means no harm to you."

I shivered a bit, Atem was not impressed. The spirit's voice creeped me out. "..it's alright..." Diva whispered next to me. Not daring to let me go, even if his attempt was futile, he hoped it could keep the spirit out of me.

"I already said, you are on sacred ground." It hissed.

"Look spirit." Atem sighed. Hopping he could make an agreement with it. "We have been trapped in here for hours, we fell down into the pyramid, and are only trying to get out. So please let us pass, and please leave my friend alone."

the spirit stayed quiet, as it was thinking.

"I swear we did not, and Will Not Take anything from here. I swear on my soul."

'Atem..' He was trying so hard...for us.

"You are a Pharaoh..." The spirit trails off. "Yes, I am."

"Yet you seem... different than some of the others I met in the past."