🌹Golden Throne Fears 🌹Part 2

Seto stomped to the throne room.
"Seto..?" Atem saw the moody priest walk down the hall.

"What in the name of Ra is happening, also why is it I saw that woman walking out from here?"
Atem sunk back in his seat, and sighed." So you saw."

"All I saw was an angry ____."

"Excuse me, Seto, there is a matter I need to attend to. I will explain later. Mahad.., see to Seto for me."

"Of course my king."

"Hold it..! I need answers."

Atem snapped a sharp look at Seto." I understand that for now leave me."

'I must find her, ____ where did you go?' Atem speed walked towards his guess of my general direction.

( In the stables)

I escaped to the horses, feeling like I needed their quiet company. After a short look, I found Atem's white horse. "Hello there." I smiled at the majestic horse. I grabbed an apple off the wood table and gave it to the horse.

I began to groom the horse, making it as spotless as possible. It was the only way this sinking feeling would leave me. I needed to occupy myself.

I had no idea just how long I was here. Suddenly I heard footsteps entering the stables. I dropped the brush and stood by the horse's neck, hugging it.

Then I saw the face. "Of course, you are here.." I froze in place, seeing Atem standing there quietly. He kept his distance because he could tell I was a bit worried about what he wanted.

Atem leaned back against the stall across from me.

"My horse..." He mumbles, noticing I have taken care of the animal. The white horse was absolutely spotless. It pleased the pharaoh, seeing how much I cared I about his horse.

I didn't say anything but petted the horse's back. Atem tried to clear his throat.

"I apologize for that unseemly situation. I had...no idea that would happen." He seemed genuine. His soft gentle tone stung my chest to hear. Was he hurt because of me?

" I only wanted the best for you. That and I thought the company would be nice if you were there as I work. Only there at my throne. I had no idea that...some would say such words."

After a long quiet pause, I replied."I'm not royalty, I don't belong there." Atem stood there with his arms crossed. He frowned a bit. "...____as I said before, royalty or not. You're one of us when you are here. You deserve great respect. I know a few, like Isis, and Mahad thinks the same."

Atem came over to the stall and leaned on it. his head titled to the side and resting on his hand.

"Will you please come back with me? and try again."

"I promise no harm will befall you. Because of the attack, you are at more risk, because of what you did to protect me. It would be safer near me. Course Mahad can also be a security guard as you say in your time."

I kept my mouth shut a moment and patted Atem's horse's muzzle. I thought about what he said.

"My horse seems to like you." Atem chuckled softly. My one eye looked at Atem, while the other was buried in its fur like a child. The white horse sniffed me a bit and snorted. Pharaoh's deep violet eyes shone a bit, seeing me at peace with the horse. He was glad that I looked less sad, and angry. He was amused seeing the horse so tame with me, and the way I just held onto the large animal.

"Fine.."

Atem blinked

Atem blinked. "Fine.., I'll return. I'm n-not...mad at you..don't worry." Atem slowly opened the stall door and walked inside to meet me. He patted his horse's nose. Proud of his majestic beast. He put his forehead against the horse's. He stood there with his horse as if he was telling it, that it did well for soothing my troubled spirit. 'Thank you, my brave soul.' Pharoah said in his mind.

" I understand ____." Atem walked over to me and gently touched my hand, turning it up to his eye level. "Hmm...burns are still visible. Let me help you with that when we return."

For some reason this moment, made me realize that Atem and I haven't hung out for a while for a longer time. This was the first time in a while. He was always busy. I did miss his company.

We exit the stables and begin our walk back. "It has been a while since we had more time to talk."

Violet eyes flickered at me. "It has, let me see what I can do." Softly spoke the Pharoah to me. i didn't notice that moment that he began to take his long violet cloak off his shoulders. Placing it around me.

"Huh.?"

"It seems you have forgotten yours. This should help keep the sun off you." He swiftly did up the cloak around my neck and let it flow over the worse part of my injury. "There, now Ra's rays won't be so harmful to you."