🌸🌷Hello, My Friend🌷🌸

My eyes fluttered open, unsure about where I currently was

My eyes fluttered open, unsure about where I currently was. '...uhh...am I still in ancient Egypt, or did we cross over..?'

Why was it so dark?

An unsure voice came out of my mouth. Calling out from my friend. "A-Atem you here? anyone??"

The door to the room I was in clicked open. My eyes widen as I need to run them once again just to make sure what I saw was true.

"I'm...sorry Atem is not here."

My stomach dropped. I knew that voice. The light switch was flicked on, and my eyes soaked in the sight of the room I was in, a familiar place I saw a long time ago. There stood Yugi, looking like his usual self when I last saw him, but he looked so much more mature than years ago. His soft voice spoke to me.

"Hello, my friend. You had me worried there for a while _____."

"W-what, what happened Yugi?"I sat up. "Oh don't worry, no need to rush." Then I remembered the puzzle piece Atem gave me, my brain almost shut down seeing it wasn't in my hand anymore. I frantically look around at the bed.

"Is this what you are looking for?" Yugi held out his hand, inside it was the puzzle piece. Yugi pulled a chair next to the bed and sat down. Handing the piece back into my hand. "Where do I even begin, I have questions for you too."

Yugi let out a sigh, as he leaned back. He was dressed in a pastel violet collared shirt.

"I.. found you passed out by my doorstep. Diva was awake and frantically knocked on the door. I was surprised to see that. He asked me to take care of you, he also said there was much to talk about."

"Oh god...uhh sorry about that." He smiled at me. "It's no trouble. Anyways..um I found that puzzle piece, right away I knew it was from Atem. A couple of days ago I also received a letter, speaking of you and the Pharaoh. I was shocked the least, but it was good to know you were alright."

I looked at the puzzle piece in my hand. It was nice to see Yugi, but it felt odd...knowing Atem wasn't here with me anymore.

"S-so..tell me, what happened? Why do you have that puzzle piece? I'm positive it's because of something Atem said or did."

"So...this is a lot, but. Mahad, and Atem. Have found a possible way to cross into our time." Yugi's eyes widen in shock. "It's not full proof, and Atem gave me this piece hopping it could reunite us, according to Mahad. Though we need to go to Egypt and visit his tomb and find him. The rest...I don't really know. It's up to him and Mahad. I returned because it seemed like the right time, Atem wasn't to try to come back here. We also need Diva as a guide, since he knows Egypt quite well."

Yugi took in a deep breath and put a hand on top of mine. Stopping me from saying any more, "I understand now, you need me for this task too. I would love to help you in anyways I can."

A tear trickled down the side of my face. Making Yugi smile softly. "From what I know, and the letter. Atem seems to have taken quite a liking to you."

I averted my eyes a bit, embarrassed because I didn't exactly know how much the man liked me. "I can just tell."

"Yugi..."

"So...now that we have that out of the way, how do you feel?"

"...slight headache...hungry..."

"Haha, right I guess traveling like that isn't easy on one's body. I bring you something

Then it hit me, I must be in Yugi's room. "Oh sorry! i;m in your room.I should go home-" I cut myself off. Yugi turned on his heel and looked at me. He shook his head. "Don't worry _____. Diva filled me in, saying that you were staying at his home beforehand. I offered to have you move here. I'm sorry about your...house."

That was right, it was destroyed by thugs. I was homeless. "Thanks..Yugi."

"No problem, now I'll be right back."

I looked down at the puzzle piece in my hand, there was my bag sitting on the side of the wall. My few little things I owned. I noticed Yugi had placed my deck box neatly down on the side table.

"Well...I made it Atem..see you." It made me wonder if Atem could see me through that portal of his, even if he could. I wouldn't know.

( short, but there will be more later)