Don't Make That Face At Me

I was alone in my room soon. It was quiet but peaceful here. I hissed a bit at the pain in my head. I placed my hand over my injured eye. It wasn't healed fully yet. Still a bit swollen and bruised to hell.

Gathering some strength in my legs I stepped outside onto my balcony. My eye widens at what Atem said before. He was right his balcony room was pretty much next to mine. The sun was setting a bit now.

I placed my hand on a near by chair and slumped down into it. Feeling better while I rest my sore feet.

I was a bit worried about dinner. Kaiba's former self was gonna be there. He wasn't always the friendliest person.

Tomorrow Atem was gonna be to busy to see me. I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach. What was I gonna do till then?

"Haa.... I don't know.." I signed to myself.

*Knock Knock*

Someone was at my door. "Who is it?" I spoke in a low voice.

"It is me, Atem. I have your medicine."

His voice seemed surprised by my statement. He was cautious but gentle with his words.

"Enter," I replied to him. 'Uh..why do I feel like that was too royal to say? I'm not royalty pft.'

Atem pushed the door open, at caught me sitting on the balcony. "Oh, looking around?" He said softly. "Yes, In a way. Everything looks so pretty from up here."

*Click* Atem set a few things down on the table, and walked up to me with the medicine tea he made. "I'm glad to hear it's to your liking. just careful the night air can be a lot colder."

I didn't reply only gazing outside from my chair. Dinner was still on my mind. I see a cup get held up to my face. "Huh?" I blinked.

"Finally, your medicine. Mahad helped make it, he is quite skilled with healing. I thought a tea would be easier on your stomach."

I looked up at the Pharaoh's deep violet eyes. I took the cup from him, it was only slightly warm. It was probably so I wouldn't burn myself.

I took one sip of it and..instantly regretted the taste." Ugh..! w-what..*cough*-" I couldn't finish my words. Atem let out a small sorry grin, trying to urge me to drink it. Sure it had some hibiscus tea in it, but the medicine was overpowering it.

"I ahh..sorry about the taste. I know it's probably not the best. Though! I know this stuff helps when I feel sick." He tried to make me feel better about it.

I sipped it again, gagging at the strange taste again. I set the cup down, not able to take any more of it. I needed a break. Pharaoh's eyes landed on the cup I placed down. He sighed lightly. "Well you tried, even that little should help." He leaned against the railing of the balcony. The stars were just about out now.

"It should be time for dinner, do you feel like coming with me?"

I didn't look at him as I spoke. "Well.., besides a bit tired..., and Kaiba..or um Preist Seto. That's all bothering me."