The Magician's Apprentice/Rush of Sand

Everything flashed before my eyes, as tumbled down the sand cliff.

* THUD! Crreeeak*
I crashed down into the sand. Rolling down in siring pain.

"AH! * thud*"

"W_WAHHH!!! " I hold my arms up trying to shield myself from any sharp objects.

💦❗That's when another chill shoots down my back, as I see a rock just below me, coming closer, and closer to me as I rolled down the sand cliff.

"💨Ha, I'M Sooo sorry!"

* CRACK!* My head came in contact with a large sand rock.
Sending my me , and my head spinning.

"Ug...gh......" * I rolled down fast, and faster. I was soo dizzy I could barley tell if I was out cold, or awake.
Sand flew everywhere, my black jacket filled up with it along with my hair.

(D....D....ark....) I whispered

Suddenly I could feel myself come to a halt, I stopped rolling. My eyes only open a crack, I could see I was upside down.

"Tch..! ngh...h-hold on....., I got you." A faint voice spoke to me. I could feel a gentle tug on my leg. It was warm....
( Guess.....I'll be...leav-)

"J-jus.......wait...! fo-.....m." A broken voice is all I could hear.
My eyes closed.

My form collapsed just like that, hanging upside down, while Dark Magician clung to a branch of a dessert tree sticking out from the side of the cliff.

"💨Ha....ha....., forgive me...lady _____, I was late to help you." Dark Magician's violet, and scarlet armour was now visible.

He looked down at my beat up form. "K....if only I could of come sooner like this." He wasn't a spirit anymore, but solid like any human or living thing.

*Crrrrrack.....* The tree branch began to break slowly.

"❗❗ Oh no! If I fall now, then _____ will surly." The very thought made Dark panic.

* SNAP!*

"AH!" Dark gasped, as he quickly pulled me up to him by my leg that he held, grabbing me, he shielded my head, as we tumbled down the rest of the way.

" I swear.., I will protect you!" Dark took the last beating of the land. *THUD* We fell down next to the water, way below the cliff where the Thief stood not long ago.

🌙🌙🌙

My eyes widen. So he really was the one who I saw only seconds after I went out cold. " Yes....lady _____. You where badly injured. I did my best to help, but it seems....." Dark averted his deep ocean eyes.

".....Its okay...., I'll heal some time. What worries me is how...., we will get back."

Dark looked up." Actually I think I might be able to help." Dark held a kind smile on his face.

"??.?.?" I looked at him with question. Then out next to him came Pegasus, my duel spirit.

"You called lady _____." He greeted me. His pure white coat shone in dessert sun.

"Pegasus....." He walked over to me putting his head down to my face. "She still is very weak, Dark."

"I know..., we need to her to get back to Pharaoh, so she can heal sooner."

While the two talked, I reached over, and touched Pegasus's long mane. It was just the calming feeling I needed now.

"Lets go. I have a bad feeling something will happen."

Dark: ❗....( ....._____) His deep blue eyes widen.

Sapphire Pegasus:.........

"Alright climb on."* Pegasus turned his back to me, standing tall*

"Come,_____. I'll help you on." Dark held his hand out to me.
I took his hand. With the utmost care Dark lifted me up onto Pegasus's back. I held onto his mane to keep myself balanced.
Dark slowly followed, climbing on behind me. "Alright Pegasus, bring us back to the Palace the King must be worried sick."

"Right!" Right away Pegasus spread his long wings, and we lifted up into the sky.

(💨..Ha.....ha.....I'm getting tired....again.., this isn't good. ) I told myself.

I could feel my body screaming with pain, as we flew across the sky.

🌙🌙🌙🌜🌜🔥

Meanwhile....

"W_What!, what do you mean she hasn't returned!?" The loud booming voice of Atem could be heard.

"I'm sorry my Pharaoh, we all thought she was asleep in her room, but when....." Seto looked slightly away, ashamed that the horse he gave her, came back alone with her not there."...Mirror the stallion came back without _____."

* T_THUmp * t-thump* Atem's heart rate sped up."S-She isn't back..?"

"Forgive me, I should of stopped her from going."

The look on Atem's face was pure shock, and regret." No....., I shouldn't of let her go out alone, injured non the less."

Before Atem could say more, a voice caught his thoughts off guard."Pharaoh!" A voice called to him.
Looking up Atem could see Dark Magician, or his childhood friend Mahad running towards him.
"Dark Magician?Whats wrong?"

"I will go look for ____, I owe her that much for leaving after getting bitten by a snake, I also promised Dark, _____'s Magician I would come back after I was done with my duties."

Atem nods." Thank you...., Mahad." Atem could see a flash of a kind smile on his childhood friend's face.
" I will find her, no matter what." With that Dark Magician took off to the stables.

( I have to find them, I promised! She is the Pharaoh's friend.)
As Dark Magician speed walked down the halls almost about to go outside, a loud voice called out to him.

"HEY! Mahad!" It was Mana.

"Mana what is it? did you..-" He trailed off, seeing his apprentice standing there all innocent.

"Uh.?.? That's not like you Master. Anyways I came to tell you that* takes a deep breath* I'm Coming with you!!! To FIND ______!"

"Mana..! Sshhh! not so loud."

"Ah..oh...haha sorry...about that." She grinned. Mahad always had a hard time handling the way Mana acted.

"💨Uh......, so you do know.."

"Of course I do.! She is my friend I haven't seen her in so long. You guys always like to hide her away."

"Ah....w-well.. you see..." * cough* " Never mind that, fine if you wish to come follow me.

"YEY! Thank you Master..!............" Then Mana trailed off. "Not just that...., see I found her...hat in near the gates..." Mana pulled out the cream coloured headdress, exactly the same as she wore.
"That's bad...., without the hat, the sun could effect anyone in this heat out in the middle of no where."

The two walked into the stables, worry hung high on their heads.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

​​​​​​As we flew through the morning sky, I was deep in thought. Even if my body was hurting. My mind was wide awake.

'Pay a visit to the Pharaoh.' Yes, that's what the man said.

​​​​​​
My eyes widen. Making me look ahead I could only see smaller homes coming. My body stiffens.
( Tch, that means the King is in danger.)

​​​"Lady_____? something wrong? You seem to be in pain." I looked down a little with my eyes. ( Oh....,yes that's right. He couldn't hear my thoughts now. So he had no idea what I was thinking. However, Pegasus most likely could.)

"I am fine." I say in a stern voice. ( I have to keep him safe, All of them!)

​​​​​​​"Pegasus!, please hurry. I have some unfinished business to deal with."

​​​​​​​"Right!" *FWWWSSSH!* Pegasus beat harder with his elegant white wings, making us go twice as fast.

Dark Magician sat behind me with worry on his face, just what did a injured girl have left to do that was soo important?

🌙🌙🌙

* Clop clop clop!* Dark Magician, and Mana rode down the hard sand rode.

"Master.! where do you think they are?"

Mahad/ Dark Magician only looked out from he corner of his eyes. "I'm honestly not sure. I'm afraid to tell the King bad news if that's all we find.

"Don't Say that! I'm sure they are fine!"

Mahad's mind: ( That's true..... she could be find. She dose have....other with her. Her duel spirit friends, and...the blonde Magician Dark.)
​​​​​​
Just as the two headed out on the hot dessert sand in a full gallop. Something catches the corner of Mana's eyes.

"Huh...?" * Looks up*

"Is that...?"

"What is it Mana?" Dark Magician looks at his apprentice. Following her finger pointed to the sky.

(W_WHAT!)

"Its a Pegasus!, and there is someone on his back."

Dark Magician narrows his ocean eyes. "!! Its her..!_____ is alive!"

​​​​​They watch Pegasus shoot across the sky over them, heading towards the palace.

"There going back to the palace! Follow them." Mahad, and Mana suddenly turn the horses around, and gallop after Sapphire Pegasus.

*Fwwwwshhh* *FFWwwwshhhh* A slight touch on my back began to wake me up.

"....m....mh......"

"_____, we are going to arrive soon." I could hear Dark whisper from behind me.

This made my eyes shoot open right away.
​​​​​
​​​​​​
He was right, I could see the palace getting closer, and closer to us. As I tried to wake up my sleepy self, way down below I could see a figure galloping on a horse below.

​​​​​​Then it was when my eyes locked onto a familiar red jacket.

"! T-that's him...!" I moved to suddenly, having Dark steady me from behind.
​​​​​​"Easy.. lady _____.But who is that?"

"Tch, its the one who tried to kill me." I hissed.

" Pegasus please hurry, I need to get there before him. Land inside the palace if you must. I must get to the Pharaoh's throne before him."

"I will do my best..!" Pegasus began to gather speed, diving down lower, and lower. The closer we got to the ground, the fast we flew.

*FFFFwwwwwwshhhhh*

"N..n.gh..." I winced.

"____..! are you alright?"

" I'm fine, the wind just stings. Never mind that, this is more important than me." I gripped Pegasus's mane harder.

"Alright, just remember this we magician's will always be by our partner's side."

"T-thanks."

​​​​​Pegasus swooped down low, flying right into the palace.

"Come on just a little more..." The wind bit at my wounds. Making them sting more, than if I was walking, but that didn't matter. All that I cared about was helping out Atem, and his home.

​​​​​​​I could see the golden throne come into view, as I opened my mouth up, words came to me.
​​​​​​​As I called out.

" PHARAOH!!!"