Arrival of the Past Part 6

"_____...?" Diva called to me from the kitchen. "Yes..!?" I followed his voice to where he was. "Is there some place you want to go see today? Seeing as to you are known to this area. Hm.... we could go shopping near a village near by."

"Oh..really? is the sandstorm over now?

"Yes, it has passed by. Looks to be safe to go outside, and not get lost.

This made me happy. I was finally able to get out of here. "Sure, okay. I would want to go out." 'YES! Finally!'

'Heh, someone is happy today.' Commented Dark near me in his invisible form. "Ah..well- I will be ready in a minuet." I quickly ran up into my room and fixed up my hair, and liner I had on. When I was transported to our modern like time here in Egypt. For some reason, my liner came with me. I went back down to Diva. "Alright, we can go on foot, but don't trail off the paths. There are wild animals near by. Hyenas are not friendliest.
"This..could help incase we meet any.." Carefully...I watched as the tall blunette held out a small silver dagger to me. In its sheath. "Oh wow..! "

"Please..take it. It's incased we run into danger. I haven't had much trouble in the past, but never know." I glanced back at Diva for a moment. His long strands of hair fell off his shoulder as he moved. Granted I barely knew him, but for some reason, I didn't think this was such a bad thing. I mean, he was my ony hope in to stay alive here.

{Small time skip}
"The town should be about an hour away from here. In that direction." He pointed down the sandy hill path. The road we followed wasn't really even a road, but a sandy trail of some horse hooves, and human footprints. It was also really hot outside. Whatever makeup I had on my skin, was long gone melted off. The only thing surviving this heat was my black eyeliner. 'God....kill me know' I joked to myself.
This was gonna be one very long walk. "Oh, alright." I smiled softly, not trying to hint to him I was a bit nervous about this.

"Is this you're first time, here in Egypt?" Diva tried to start a small conversation after a few awkward moments of silence. '...should I tell him.....?' I wasn't sure.

"I guess you could say that. Second, because I stepped back into the desert again." I tried to laugh it off. It wasn't a total lie. 'This part of the time anyway.'

"Oh, haha I see." I shuffled my feet across the sand. I was roasting. Another point is..., something that I had to be careful of.

I may have been in Ancient Egypt, but I was mostly hidden away in the shade, not out in the open too long. The sun could be dangerous to me, and my skin. Heat could make anyone dizzy, or especially ones who did not use to this kind of weather.
Just like that, I gently took my locks of hair, that grew really long over this time, and brought it over to the front of the shoulders. Grabbing my hood that was built into my jacket, I pulled it over my head, to block the sun out off from me.
Diva used to this weather, you could simply tell I was not from here, by how I looked. I stuck out. I didn't mind, I just wanted to survive, and that meant blocking sun off me for a bit. It was noon, the worse time to be out in direct sun.

'..ha...god...it's hot here...' The road led us up a steeper path, my legs burned a bit from the heat, and this sand walk. Of course he, he had it easy. His beautiful spiked shorter locks at the back centre held still and glistened in the sun. I wanted to carry my bag that had water in it, but Diva insisted to carry it for me. I was still healing a few my past injuries and knew this was going to be hard for me.

It was only a few steps away. A lake ahead of us, where I could dip my feet into the water. All this sand, and heat was annoying me. ".. a little more.." I groaned to myself. Diva followed next to my frantic form, that rushed to the water.

"Finally..!!" I gasped. Pulling my boots off I walked into the water. "! Ah, lady____ please be careful, You don't know what's in the water."
The call of my magician's voice fell on deaf ears to me, I just kept on walking int farther.
"This water should be safe enough. Don't worry." Spoke up my travel companion. "..still....I need to keep watch." Dark replied to Diva.
" Of course, it makes sense. I may not know much, but from the sound of you're the voice. Lot's must of happened to her, hasn't it?" The deep blunette haired looked at Dark. His golden brown eyes shining in the sunlight.

"Indeed....lot's has. A lot is still a mystery." Replied dark in his solid duel spirit form.

"Hey.!! Diva..! come join me! This may be out last taste of water!"

"Haha..., I guess I should just a bit." Understanding a bit more, Diva followed in.

While we relaxed next to the water, we were unaware of this that was come to pass.

"...you should cover up..you will burn.," Dark spoke in a concerned voice.
"Woow....you sound like Mahad...." I teased.

"What, * cough* that isn't how I meant me-"

"Pfft, haha never mind. Still, I guess I will."I pulled my hood back up over my head, glancing at Diva who stood by, smiling lightly.

That was when a sudden wave of a dizzy spell hit me. It was really light, but a strange voice seemed to talk in a language I did not understand. 'H-hello..?' I questioned in my mind.
What was this feeling? I stopped for a moment, turning my head to look at a hill to my left, were behind it seemed to be where the voice was coming from. Still, I wasn't sure.
I tried to keep a steady heartbeat because for some reason I felt like It I wasn't my usual happy carefree self, I would worry my closest friend. Dark. It was like he could sense my distress after a certain amount.

I whipped my head back, trying to keep my mini headache hidden.

"...could I ask.. a question...?"

someplace made the two guys stop in place. "Of course," Diva replied. I watched his long vest coat sway in the oncoming breeze. For now, the strange voice in my head or area vanished. Still.., something seemed to be telling me to head in the direction of that odd feeling.

"Could we go over there? I wanna see if there is...like a really fun place to visit." I paused for a moment, trying to rethink my words. " I didn't have much time to look around here, and explore."
This made both their eyes light up, a simple nod came from Dark, but he had his arms crossed as if thinking.

"Sure, we can. However,...going that way....it would safest to take horses. If I recall right, a Pyramid is that way."

"Great!" 'Oh..'
"I can't wait!"
My heart for some reason began to race fast. A happy, but cold chill hit me still. Thinking if I was doing the right thing, by going over there.

I didn't want to drag...Diva into any of my crazy mishaps.

"Follow me, there is a stable just over there, where we can rent horses." He points to the right.

- To be continued