🌹It Should Have Been Me, Not You🌹

( Here we go! more story!)

After cleaning Atem have some hibiscus tea brought to his room for me. His request was accepted by Mahad to carry it out.

"I will tell you then.." Atem patted a space next to him on the bed. I sat down with my feet over the edge.

"After I left we went into the villages to pretty much push out the enemy. A few of my guards died...during that time." Atem looked sad.

"However, we had to press on for our people's sake. I...had a small accident. Where my horse..ended up tripping on some items, that the enemy placed."

My stomach hitched a bit.

"I fell from my horse."

'Aw..., that explained the bruising on his arm.'

"When I fell..., I didn't realize till I hit that ground. That I landed on the dead body of a villager, killed by the men who attacked."

My nose twitched at his words. The blood he had on his face may have been that villagers.

A look of disgust his Atem's face. "Than I remembered..., that person you shot that arrow at. You saved me, but now...y-your hands are stained with blood because of me..." Atem's voice began to crack.

It began to sink in. He was right, I did..take a life because I defended my best friend. "S-shit...I killed  a man...'

I averted my eyes. Atem glanced at me, beginning to worry that he said too much. "Listen, I do not regret saving you. Not at all..., I would do it again if I have to. I...would rather avoid that dead though if there was any way possible."

"_-____..." The spiky-haired Pharaoh touched my arm. As I trembled a bit remembering I had taken a soul's life.

"Is your horse alright though..?" I changed the subject.

"Yes, he is actually." Atem's voice was soft.

"Good...I shall visit him later on."

Atem tried to stand, but he hissed in pain making him almost fall back toward me. I quickly held my hands out to touch his back.

"M-maybe you should rest. I'll go.." I stood up. I didn't want to leave him here injured.

"Wait."

I turned on my heel to look at Atem. He cleared his throat. "I have a spare bed..., I.. believe after today's events. It will be difficult to rest at ease. W-will you stay, or..more like. You are welcome to."

"I can't just-"

"____..!" Atem's tone rose up, it was sharp. I halted in place. My eyes widen looking at him. Was I in trouble?

"You look pale. Ill perhaps. For your safety please stay."

By the concerned look on his face, how could I say no? At first, I really thought against it, because we may be best friends but it wasn't exactly proper. I didn't want any horrible rumors to happen, and people to gossip about Atem in any bad way.

"Ha...alright.. I'll just go over here." I spotted the makeshift bed he had. "Excuse me for a moment." I made my way to his bathing room. Mostly because I felt like washing up after the recent events, but I also needed some time for the burning blushing to stop, which felt like creeping up onto my face.

"Of course," Atem replied, watching me leave.

Later that night when Atem was already asleep. My sunburn kept me awake often. The burning still stung, even after placing medicine on it. I didn't want to burden Atem so I kept my mouth shut.

I wondered how Diva and Kaiba were doing. For some reason, I could feel jealously radiating in the distance from Kaiba. That I was able to meet with his rival and not him. 'Nope, Kaiba I will not let you stress Atem out.'

(Next Day)

I left Atem's room before he awoke. Needing some of the things I owned.

I was in the palace garden sitting at a table when Mana trotted in to greet me. "Hiya ___!."

"Hello, Mana. What brings you here?"

The brunette smiled at me. "I came to say hi to my teacher's good friend." Meaning Mahad.

I was eating some Egyptian treats the cooks made. "Well I came to deliver a message. The Pharaoh wanted to see you in his throne room."

I had no ill will against Atem's throne room. However, it seemed every time I stepped inside. Someone was always judging me, or I saw a grumpy Seto. It was not really peaceful.

It felt odd to me to be there.

"Oh,____ what happened to your arm?" Mana's emerald eyes landed on my sunburn

"Oh,____ what happened to your arm?" Mana's emerald eyes landed on my sunburn. ' Shoot..' I cursed.

"A...small price to pay. For being out in the sun."

"OOH! dear. Did the sun do that to you? It's not something I see often here, however, I heard of it." She gently grabbed my arm and begins inspecting it.

"...aw..it hurts doesn't it?" I slowly nod. "I have a spell I know will help to ease a bit of wound."

Manda gently taps her wand against my arm. i see the red slowly fade a bit to a lighter pink. "Woah..! thanks Mana." I gasp happily.

"No problem!"

"Say Mana? can someone like me do magic like you?" She twirled a lock of her hair. "See, I'm not sure. Only Mahad would know that. He is so powerful that he had to once lock half of it away for his own safety." I reached over a gave her a light hug. "Thanks. I don't seem to hang out with many women anymore. I guess you are like my sister."

"Aww! really?!" I nod my head. She was so happy to hear me say that. "Soo throne room then?"

"Yep!" She replied to me.

I waved a hand to Mana a slowly breathed out, it was time to see that throne room again.