How Do I Explain?

I thought I was safe without being spotted during my walk down the palace. I learned tips on how to avoid most of the people. That was when I heard a chuckle coming from the corner of the hall. I knew it was coming at me. I mentally froze, bracing myself for the humiliation that comes with a situation like this.

*Tap...tap* Footsteps came in my direction.

tap* Footsteps came in my direction

"Really____? Sneaking out." Diva chuckled again. He gracefully strolled over to me. As much as I loved this friend, he had his moments where he was really good at cornering me. He was as kind as Atem, but also playful.

"OOh h-hello Diva." I tried to play it cool. His long locks of hair swayed as he stood only a few inches from me. "I heard that you were bedridden, what is this??" He smiled, but the gaze of his amber eyes chilled me a bit.

"I feel fine. P-please doesn't tell anyone. I was getting bored." Diva laughed lightly again. "Very well, but...how is it you are able to even stand?? I remember hearing the Pharaoh speaking about you and Seto." He placed a hand on my shoulder, this made me flinch because it was close to my back. Diva's eyes widen slightly seeing my discomfort. "Hmm, I see. Strong-willed I suppose?"

"Sort of....Kisara visited me, she managed to take some of my pain away with her spiritual powers."

"Myy..that was kind of her." Diva furrowed his brows a bit though. He could sense my weakness still. "Haa., you may not feel pain at the moment, but please be careful. Your body can only stand so much." I nod my head. "Thanks.., I'm trying." I gave Diva a small hug. He could feel my slight shutter. Sympathy flooded his mind. "Oh..doll." He used a nickname. He put his head on my shoulder lightly.

"Sara is lucky to have a brother like you Diva."

"I haven't seen you in days. Are you truly okay?" He felt me shiver a bit in his grip. "Sorry, I had a nightmare recently. I'm also disgusted....by...the wound on my back."

Diva patted my head a bit, and let go of me."Did you tell the Pharaoh of this?"

"..Not the disgusted part."

Diva clicked his tongue, feeling worried about this. "May I see?"

"Okay.." I slowly turned my back to him and very carefully slid the back up my shirt slightly. The young man's jaw dropped. Seeing the incredible bruised and stitched-up wounds on my back. After a second I dropped my shirt back down. 'Oh...____. I'm sorry.." He picked up both my hands. It wasn't odd between us, because he and Atem were the closest people to me. I know he meant well.

'Oh, a healing gemstone bracelet." He noticed the jewelry Atem bought me. "That also explains why you seem calmer."

"You know of this stone?"

He nods his head. "Yes I do, they say it brings better luck to its wearer and calms the mind during stress. I'm glad it seems to be assisting you. Do you want me to go see Prince?"

He meant my horse, Atem kept for me. "Oh, sure that would be helpful. I'm sure he would like to see you." Diva was extremely good with animals. "Good, take care ____. I will see you later."

"I am going to the throne room, I thought about taking a walk."

"Okay, don't push yourself."

I greeted bye to Diva and set out. My heart was beating less fast since he spotted me. For some reason, I thought he would get mad at for me being careless.

(Modern Era)

Yugi was currently reading Atem's letter which fell out of the sky. Sent my Mahad. He was currently in his house when this happened. It only took Yugi a couple of seconds to scan the letter, when he began to tear up.

"Pharaoh....thank you. Stay strong ____. I'll see you soon."

Yugi looked at the letter once more. He began to remember the time when thug duelists were picking on _____. When it was only he, Yugi there to help.

When they took her cards and beat her. I swore he could still hear her voice sharply calling out for Atem, thinking he himself was the Pharaoh. Her muttered mind was so broken that she mistook Yugi for Atem. It broke Yugi inside a bit, knowing full well he was not him. That the connection he and ____ had could never be broken. Yugi did all he could to be the best friend ever, to help her.

(Throne Room)

I now stood hiding next to a wall quite far from where Atem sat so gracefully on his throne. He didn't seem to notice me. 'Maybe I should go back...?' Remembering how he reacted to when I was injured, may cause him even more stress. I couldn't hear what he was saying, but he seemed to be really busy.

I was about to crawl away to a different area when a sharp voice nearly made me jump. "Women HALT!"

'SHIT!' I gasped as I was suddenly picked up by the shirt of my neck. 'Oh my god.. it was Shada' i had nothing against him, but he was always so serious when working. 'Ow..ow ow..! OW! my BACK!' I hissed in my mind, as I was dragged out by Shada into the open.

Atem eye's suddenly snapped at Shada's sharp words. His jaw nearly dropped seeing me getting carried by the collar by the bald man.

 His jaw nearly dropped seeing me getting carried by the collar by the bald man

"Dear...Ra." Atem's face palmed in utter shock. He could see my face turning paler by the moment.

"Pharaoh..! I found her sneaking around!"

"Shada..., please let her down. She is injured heavily."

Shada's eyes widen in apology, as he sets me on my feet. This makes me let out a sigh. "I.. uh apologize miss.' The bald man instantly felt regret after Atem told him to drop me. I knew he was only doing his job, but I guess no one told him about Seto and me.

"Injured how could that be??"

"_-____......." Atem looked down at me, with a blank face. Questioning why on earth I was out here in my state. I slowly dropped my head, he was not exactly happy, but also worried about Shada treating me roughly.

It wasn't often I saw Atem with such a blank look on his face, that targeted me. "Come here..." He spoke from his throne.

"........" I thought I was dead.

Isis looked at Shada, practically laughing at his scolding. Shada was a kind man but.. sometimes too strong. "H-hey...I did not know of this.." He said to Isis.

I shuffled slowly to the throne.

- To Be Continued 🌹