Brunette's Confusion

( Wow, sorry for taking so long to write this. I got sidetracked by other things in life. I do have some other plans for this story for some more magical like mystery. Some of my inspiration comes from The Mummy movies, and Assassin's Creed Origin game.)

(Ancient Egypt)

Atem was sitting on his throne when he was approached by Kaiba. Kaiba looked really confused, maybe even annoyed.

Mahad looked over to Atem. Seto was not too far away, looking at his future self. He still did not approve of everything Kaiba did or said. Though out of respect enough, he tried...and I mean tried...to not cause trouble.

"Kaiba hello, what brings you here?" Atem calmly greeted the brunette.

"I have not seen _____ anywhere."

'Oooh. right...I never mentioned it to him.' Atem mentally reminded himself. 'Maybe I should say something, but not everything.'

"____ has returned back to the future, your time."

"What??? Why?" Kaiab's eyes widen.

"Really Kaiba, I thought you wouldn't even care."

Kaiba rolled his eyes. "Well it's her fault for me being here, she did not tell me there was a way home."

'Oh...dear..Ra.....Kaiba you...-' Atem stopped himself from swearing. As Atem tried to explain to Kaiba. From the corner of his violet eyes, Atem sees his loyal servant Anubis carrying a gold tray to him. The mity large black dog human mixed figure walked over, giving Atem a bow.

In a deep mystic voice, Anubis spoke to Atem. "Pharaoh...I have brought you the items you requested." Anubis sensed the tension between Atem and Kaiba. "Something the matter?" The guardian of the underworld asked, ready to jump into shielding Atem if needed.

 "Something the matter?" The guardian of the underworld asked, ready to jump into shielding Atem if needed

"No, it's alright. you may return to your duty."

"Sir." Anubis bowed once more but did not leave until giving Kaiba a sharp glare. Anubis was extremely dangerous if made angry. The creature respects Atem with every fiber in him, he will do nothing.

" I didn't say you couldn't return Kaiba, I can have it arranged for you." The Pharaoh calmly explained. A little black cat adorned in gold jumped into his lap. It was the same cat that loved ____ so much during the stay. This little mystic cat was not ordinary. It wore golden armor, and could telepathically communicate with Atem.

 It wore golden armor, and could telepathically communicate with Atem

This cat only watched ____ from the sidelines. At night it would rest on the balcony of her room, guarding her. "You miss ____ don't you?" Atem petted the cat.

The cat purred, saying something to Atem, but no one but him could understand.

"Don't worry, she will return sometime."

"Tch, fine let me know when these so called preparations are done." Kaiba shuffled away, feeling a bit disappointed. Atem was not going to let Kaiba ruin anything or cause trouble in his home.

( Short chapter, but I will make more soon enough)