🌹I Want To Be Strong Like You🌸

"Here you go lady ____." The stableman handed me a horse. I looked at the stallion, but it was not Prince. Prince was the horse Atem purchased for me.

"T-thank you, but is something the matter with Prince?" The man replied in slightly broken English. "Sorry, m'lady but Prince is currently having his hooves cleaned up."

"Oh.. I see. Thanks." I patted the dark brown horse. Atem brought his horse over to me. His gorgeous white horse always took my breath away. Seto was already on his horse rearing to go. He tapped his fingers impatiently.

"Pharaoh...would you like some help?" I offered to help him up on his horse, out of kindness. He was shorter than me so. ( Sorry if you aren't taller like me, just pick something else)"You don't have to."

"I insist, here I'll hold her for you." "Very well, thank you.." I stood firmly next to his horse and held my hands out flat so he could use them as a step. The second Atem stepped up on my hands I instantly regretted it. Atem appreciated the help up, but my hands hurt more than I thought.

'M-my haaands... oooww.' I reminded myself not to do that often. I borrowed a log and stepped on it to pull myself up on my horse. Feeling ready and secure I gave Atem a nod.

"Let's go men." He called to the group. Atem rode up next to me. " Stay next me as we enter the village. There is no telling what will happen."

"Okay." Atem smiled as I joined him. Yesterday when he asked me during dinner I agreed to go on a trip to the village. According to Atem, it was something he had to do to keep the peace. He didn't exactly want to but Seto was pushing him to do so.

In the distance behind us, Kaiba followed us curiously. He wasn't allowed to duel Atem, so he pouted his way after us slowly, hopping to find something interesting.

(Time Skip)

"Make way for the Pharaoh!" Seto hollered. The streets filled with people parted for us. "Loud..mouth.." I rolled my eyes. Atem chuckled and put a finger up to his lips. "Shhh..." He didn't want Seto to start trouble.

I could hear people whispering among themselves. Most of it was in ancient Egyptian, but my ears learned the word 'Women' when  I heard it. They were talking about us...or me. By the look on their faces. They didn't all seem to enjoy me riding there with Atem. I said nothing, but I could feel their eyes on me.

Atem heard every word they spoke of me, bad or good.

"Who is that woman with the Pharaoh?"

"Eww look at the woman, he can do better than that. She looks like a peasant."

"Wait, that is no woman...look she dresses like a man."

I averted my eyes from the villager's gawking eyes. Meanwhile, Atem was feeling a sting inside him. Hearing them speak in such a way of me. I let out a soft sigh. "Hold for a moment." the Pharaoh stopped us next to a shop.

"____, come with me, please. Seto watch our horses."

"P-Pharoah??" Seto blinked, not liking being left in the dark.

Atem gently grasped the top of my shoulder. "We were greeted by the shop owner. there was jewelry here, vases, and hair brushes. 'Why are we here??' I wondered. Atem shuffled across the shop as if he was looking for something. My eyes scanned the items they sold here. they had really nice things. However, I did not have the currency they use here. in another word, I was broke.

My wandering mind was cut off, as the women's shop owner said something I didn't understand. I looked up at her. There she said something again, holding up a thin golden chain bracelet, with white gems on it. 'What am I gonna say?? I can't reply to her..c-crap." The woman only smiled and took my hand, placing the bracelet in my hand. I assumed she wanted me to look at it. I smiled softly looking at the lovely chain.