Rising Up

Going into the large building, I walked past the front desk as if Kaiba would. Only to have the women here drop her pen in shock. Standing up she bowed her head for a moment. She knew who I was, and what I meant to Kaiba, no one was allowed to mess with me. Still shock hit her suddenly seeing me return from months of being absent. Since then I was in Egypt living the life of a Egyptian with Atem as a Pharaoh at the time. Meeting that man with hair who almost harmed me over my limit. I met Mahad, and Mana in their casual Egyptian looks, and not just as Magicians.

I felt my heart pulse fast, hard, and harder. I was feeling down right nervous, but I knew what I was after. To make peace with Kaiba, even if he would kick me out,and would never let me step my foot in here again. That was fine with me, but I wanted to apologise to him.

First, I made my way to the coffee machine, pressing the fancy button on the fancy coffee maker. I ordered a peppermint mocha in a large size. I watched the coffee pour into the cup the sweet sent of mint filled the room. 'Kaiba likes coffee?' Atem questioned next to me. I nod. 'Yes..,and especially the fancy flavours. He really enjoys Starbucks.

'How did you find out?' Atem watched with surprise seeing me put a lid on the cup. 'This sounds crazy, but * I began to walk* my first day on the job was to go out, and get a coffee from Starbucks, and bring it back. But what's even more crazy is that I met the guy in the park, and he hired me right off the bat.'

Atem was shocked, this man who was his rival was acting like that around me? Now this made him interested, but also slightly worried on how Kaiba would handle me coming in suddenly.

*DING!* The elevator arrived on the first floor. I stepped in, as the large silver doors closed. I pushed the button, and it began to take us up.

I felt stress suddenly him me, my heart was pounding hard, as I thought hard on what to say. I couldn't ask for Atem's help I had to deal with this myself. I'm soo doomed if Kaiba rejects me fully. I swallowed in worry.

'Scared?' Atem spoke in a soft tone. "..a little.."

'I would leave your side,so please....rest assured.' It was calming he was sounding like a Pharaoh again, like when I was there. It made my face heat up a little. It was hard for me to take him seriously. I basically travelled across time with him.

'Heh, there you are, sounding like a Pharaoh again.' I smiled at the door. 'It...., really was fun living in your palace, and I wouldn't mind doing it again.'

Atem's eyes widen, but stayed quietly thanking me for the comment, because we arrived at Kaiba's doorstep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaiba was sitting inside his office with a large front seat view of the city. He was deep in thought. Little did he know that I was outside his door as we speak. The silence was killing him, it made him feel a little on edge, because the day the man called Bakura stepped into his office was the most weirdest, annoying, shocking moment of his life for the longest time. Saying that I wasn't around, not even in the city. Missing for a few months, with not a trace, and no one saw me since.

It haunted Seto in his sleep, he couldn't sleep for a few day properly, and not just that his brother told him things that made Seto stop, and think longer than usual.

Till...

*Knock Knock* A knocking to his door make Seto's thoughts shut off all the way. It was actually sort of creeping him out now. Hopping, swearing it wasn't that man Bakura again to tell him some more annoying things in that tone of his.

"........" Seto stood up, and began walking to his door. Even his pulse rose a little. 'Who could this be...' His deep voice thought. Grabbing the door he opens it.