I Feel At Home Part 2

I made my way to the chair where that dress was sitting. I remember Atem's words for trying the clothing on at least once even though I didn't like it. 'Guess I'll try.'

Picking it up, I felt how soft the fabric was. The Egyptian cotton and silk was such a nice combination. It looked similar to Atem's clothing. It was a knee-length white and purple dress. It had thick white straps, so it covered my shoulders. I assume it was so I wouldn't burn in the sun. I wasn't exactly used to being in direct sunlight a lot. Taking this chance I slipped out of the nightclothes I wore. I began putting the dress on.

I was able to tie the waist, so it was more snug around me. 'Okay, this isn't so bad...' He must have picked a more fitted look. Though I didn't have shoes yet, to wear. So I was going to have to wait for his return.

Not long after Atem came back with a golden tray in his hand. He smiled kindly ad he brought me my meal. His long deep cloak swayed as he made his way to me. His tricoloured hair shined even in the dim light.

"I have brought you your meal, on the side I thought some hibiscus tea would help cleanse your stomach." I slightly averted my eyes and looked at the walls of the room, Atem set the tray down and tiled his head."What is the matter___?" He sat down next to me.

I shake my head a bit." Nothing really, probably tired, and...sore."
He downcasted his violet eyes." I'm.. sorry I wasn't there to help you, when you needed it the most." His soft deep voice was calming.
"It's not your fault.., can I ask you a favour?"

"Of course, what is it?"

"Pass me that tea please." He smiled as he stood and picked up the cup. I thanked him for giving it to me.

I took only a sip of it and it was so good. It was as if I haven't drank anything in a month."Delicious." I whispered.

"I'll remember to make note of that. They sell that a lot around here." Atem spoke.

I began to drink all of the tea, feeling the warm liquid heal me a bit. Atem took note of the dress he set aside of me. " You did manage to wear it. Is it at least comfortable?" He was so concerned about my comfort and well-being it melted my lonely heart bit by bit.

" Yes, It's really soft. It wasn't what I expected to be honest."

"Haha.. that's alright. Though.. how about we add a couple of things to it? People won't question you as much then." Atem stood up, and walked over to the ancient golden vanity he had. He picked up a golden box that had Egyptian writing on it. He popped it open. Inside was some jewelry of his. Earrings, cuff bracelets, and necklaces. While he searched his treasure box I slowly reached an arm out and picked up some crunchy-looking food. I had no idea what it was. I took a small bite of it, only for my eyes to the sweetness I tasted from the food.

'W-woah.. this is so good. He really does know what I like.' I told myself.

"Ah here we go." Atem walked back to me and held out a couple of golden-looking items.

I looked up from mid-bite and tilted my head. "What's this?" I asked him. He held out two gold cuff bracelets and a thin gold chain Egyptian necklace. That wasn't all he held a small golden flower hair comb clip in his hand as well.

I was confused for a second about what he was trying to say. "I thought something like this will make you feel more comfortable around us, and strangers around the palace. I also.. wanted to kinda cheer you up, after what you have been through." I still didn't take the jewelry from him, I was a bit shy about this.

"I .. I.. appreciate the gesture., but I can't just wear your golden jewelry I..m no Egyptian Pharaoh.. or nothing. I'm a nothing to the palace people." Atem sighs a bit but still, he tries to make me understand that it's alright.