Chapter 17

Luke's POV

Seeing her in the back of that car, then realizing she wasn't really there had scared the hell out of me. I know we had talked about her having powers, but to witness them was a whole different experience. After the building had exploded, I'd driven like a madman to reach her. Gabe was trying to calm Victor down and explain that we were safe, but the only thing I could focus on was reaching her. How the hell did she even know? What if she hadn't warned us - what would have happened to both Gabe and me?

I wanted to ask so many questions, but when we saw her, we both just wanted to hold her. Then things began moving fast and now I'm laying here with the two people I love most in this world in the same bed with me. Nimue is softly snoring, her eyes deep in REM sleep. Gabe's eyes met mine and he chuckled, "This has to be the craziest day of my life, pretty boy." I felt my cheeks heat as I laughed in agreement. "So what happens now?"

"I think that's up to her," I said softly. "I'm marrying her, Gabe, but what if the three of us, I don't know, could work somehow - would you be willing to try?"

He looked down at her and sighed, "I don't want to mess up what you have, Luke, but I'm already falling for her." He pressed his fingers against his eyes, "I was so damn scared tonight. Partially for what almost happened to us, but also that somehow she was in danger as well."

I nodded, "I know, I thought I was going to lose my mind worrying about her." I reached out and took his hand, "Are you okay, like really okay with Nimue and who she really is?"

"I'm not sure I really fucking understand it still," he said. "Have you ever seen her do magic before?"

"Not really. I had joked with her about using powers of perception, but I'm not sure if that's really a thing. She did tell me that she's never accessed her powers fully because she's stayed away from the Isle. Jax indicated she'd gain more if she went there, even just for a little while." I frowned trying to explain it, "Avalon is like a conduit for her. When she's there, the magic seeps into her from the place itself."

"What about the descendant of Arthur? How will she even know if he's out there?" he asked.

I paused for a second, "I'm not sure. She never really explained that to me. To be honest, Gabe, she doesn't think there is one or at least not one that will appear in her lifetime."

"Stop talking," she mumbled, weakly slapping my chest, "or I'll turn you into frogs."

"Wait? Can you really fuckin do that," Gabe asked, leaning over her shoulder.

"Uuuggghh," she groaned, "I need sleep. Save the discussion for tomorrow."

I chuckled, "It is tomorrow, little one." The clock read five thirty in the morning.

"Fuck, then I'm calling in sick to work, and if you two don't shut up, you can go sleep in Gabe's bed together," she pulled a pillow over her head as we both laughed at her antics.

"She never answered my fuckin question," Gabe grumbled as we settled down into the blankets again. I laughed to myself, then realized she hadn't.

****

Gabe and I woke up a few hours later to find Nimue still hiding under the pillow, snoring softly. We got up quietly and he made the coffee while I fixed us all breakfast. I made her favorite - waffles with strawberries and chocolate drizzled instead of syrup. Might not be chocolate chip pancakes, but damn it was still good.

We plated up everything and took a tray into her. "Nimue," I said softly, gently lifting the pillow. "Come on little one, you need to eat something."