Chapter 81

Zolros POV

They showed up dragging two females with them who looked to be unconscious. One was older, attractive, and smelled to be of childbearing years. The other wasn't human - I'd have to strip that quickly.

Jerron flashed his best smile, "Zolros, you old goat, how are you?" Ha, ha...goat, yeah he's hysterical...

"Apparently better than you are, judging by the females you're trying to pawn off on me. What happened - jealous husbands, unexpected pregnancies?"

He bristled and scowled, "No, just a bit too mouthy and trying to take over our plans." His companion shot him a warning glare. "Um, well, you know."

"What Jerron is trying to say and fucking it up so masterfully is that these two have become problematic for us. This one," he held up the older woman, "is still needed, but we thought you might be able to help subdue her a bit. The other one," he lifted the silver-haired one, "can disappear as far as I'm concerned. She's demanding and devious - don't turn your back on her for a moment."

I silently appraised the women and motioned for one of my horde to place restraints on them. "My trainers can help with the first woman, and I might be interested in purchasing the second one. What is your asking price?"

The larger figure waved his hand, "We can call it a trade for the training if you will allow us to stay below while we complete our plans. It seems my friend has a rather sizable bounty on his head at the moment." Jerron's cheeks flushed and he looked away quickly.

I threw my head back in laughter, "Oh gods, don't tell me you're the one the Holly King seeks? What in the realms did you do to anger him? Word has it, he's tearing apart the seas in search of you," I clicked my tongue as if scolding a small child. Then again, for a king, Jerron always did act more like a spoiled child.

He looked at his friend, "Well, um, I may have placed a bond mark on his mate," I roared with laughter again as he protested, "To be fair, she is my ordained mate as well. Not my fault the universe has a twisted sense of humor."

I shook my head, "Mates aren't real, Jerron, it's all just lust, smoke, and mirrors. You'll realize it soon enough. As for our bargain, I'll sweeten the deal. Let me in on the plans and I'll even take the first woman off your hands when you've finished with her." They exchanged looks and then agreed. "Very well," I clapped my hands, summoning wine and food before turning to go. "Enjoy the show gentlemen."

"Show? What are you doing?" Jerron asked.

I chuckled, "I have no desire to allow a Dearg Due to corrupt my horde, so I plan to strip her power tonight. Once that is done, she can be reborn as bánánach, and ready for breeding. With any luck, she'll have at least one litter before the rut season begins." Their eyes were wide as they absentmindedly sipped their wine. "If you require any company, please let the attendants know and we will find suitable entertainment."  

Author's Notes:  Villians uniting...