Chapter 41

Marc's POV

We all listened to Silas's story in awe. I think Kota almost had a nerdgasm, learning the real story. Nimue looked so content and relieved. She explained that based on what Silas saw, it meant the curse had been broken.

"Not to be the voice of doom, but your aunt is still after you," I said.

She looked at me, her brows furrowed, "You're right, Marc. I shouldn't become complacent. We still need to see why Jace sent the slaugh." She continued to look at me as if trying to figure something out. Not gonna lie, it made me a bit uncomfortable.

"So how do we get ahold of the fucker," Gabe said. "I don't think our cell coverage expands to Fairie." Nimue rolled her eyes. "That's one," both he and Owen said. She jumped a bit, blushing. Well, fuck me... Gabe leaned close to her ear, "Might just get that audience sooner than you think, Snow." Her eyes fluttered and she blushed more. Damn, I think I want to see this show.

She stood up quickly, flung open the door, and yelled, "Jax!"

A loud pop sounded and a loud voice sounded, "Well for fucks sake, Ni, it took you long enough!"

"Oh look Gabe's long-lost twin has arrived," Luke snorted. Gabe shot him a look and flipped him off, making Luke laugh more. "How ya doing, Jax?"

The man they called Jax just stood, slack-jawed in the doorway, then grabbed Nimue, "Why the fuck didn't you tell me I was walking into a den of sex? Holy fuck, Ni, I could have dressed better." She broke out in giggles.

"Too late, dude, the fucking harem is spoken for," Gabe sassed, "Once again she beat you to them."

Jax huffed, "No fucking way."

Gabe retorted, "Fucking way."

I leaned over to Corey, "Have we been sucked into an alternate dimension? Is this a multiverse with more than one Gabe?"

"Hey, I heard that you fucker!" Gabe shouted, "Besides, I'm better looking."

Jax cackled, "In your dreams, tree boy. I'm over four hundred years old and look better than you any day. How are those laugh lines treating you, Gabriel." Damn, he may just be sassier than Gabe.

"Boys, as much as I'm sure everyone enjoys your verbal sparring, that's not why I called you, Jax," Nimue said, pulling him into the room and setting him on the couch next to her. "Everyone, this is Jax, my best friend. He's a fairy."

Raven snorted and stepped across the room. That was odd. Jax studied him for a moment then turned his attention back to Nimue. "So did you get my messenger, or did you kill it? I got worried when it didn't come back."

"That's my fault," Luke said, "I set it free."

Jax's eyes went wide, "What the fuck? You let a slaugh just wander off in the mortal realm, Luke, seriously, I know you're a newbie, but what were you thinking?"

Luke laughed, "You misunderstand, Jax. I set it free, as in forgiven and able to move on. The leader of the Pookas, um, tried to kill Gabe, and the slaugh tried to save him without being asked. I felt his debt was repaid."

"Tried, my fucking neck," Gabe groaned, "Bastard did kill me. That reminds me, I need to track down his fucking family line." Jax sputtered and turned pale.

"Um, sugar, I think they broke your friend," Sean said. "Do I need to check him over?"

"Okay, I don't have time for this," Jax said, pulling himself together. He stood and the air in the room seemed to shift. Suddenly where he had stood, hovered a winged mini-version of him. He scanned the room looking at each of us, his eyes blazing. Then he changed again and sat down next to Nimue with a sigh. "Okay, now that I have all the details, we can move on."