Chapter 52

Multiple POVs

Owen's POV

Sean and I had been insatiable, making love several more times before sleep finally claimed our bodies. However, I found no rest. My mind was filled with images I did not understand. I saw gigantic creatures that were horribly disfigured and a giant eye that seemed to follow me as I ran through a dense wood. I felt strong arms embrace me, "Come back to me, mo fhear céile beloved (my beloved husband)." My eyes struggled to focus until I met Sean's green ones. "Owen, can you hear me?" I nodded my head, trying to find words. He pressed a cup to my lips and I drank the sweet-smelling liquid. It filled me with a warmth I'd only felt the night before in his arms. It's ironic how accurate the phrase cold and dead really is. I sat up with his help. "You scared me, grá (love). I thought you might be trying to move onto the Summerlands without me." He pulled my back against his chest, wrapping his arms around me tightly. I felt the magic swirl between us again, warming my skin and soul.

I hummed, "I'd never leave you, Sean. You're my heating blanket," I teased. He squawked and bit down on my neck, making me moan, instantly becoming aroused.

"Oh grá, I wish there was time, but your kin have already called out to mine. Kharis tried to explain the whole rebirth with no memory of a past life thing, but they are suspicious. Despite both the Aos Sí and the Tuatha dé Danann being similar, they have a long history of mistrust and violence." He turned my face and kissed me, "Please just keep faith in our bond and know that any past wrongdoings are just that - past. I love you, Owen."

I turned to face him, sitting on my knees. I lifted his hand and held our wrists together. "There is no past that can break this, Sean. I am yours, and you are mine - forever." I crushed my lips against his, and leaned into him, brushing my cock against his.

He moaned and swatted my bottom, "Oh grá, there will be a punishment for that later," he chuckled. I just gave him another cheeky smile. After several more kisses and flirting, we managed to make our way back to the common room. Kharis's greeting boomed across the room.

"Friends, it looks like your night went well," he shoulder-checked Sean, "You look more like your old self." He handed us plates piled with food, "Are you ready to meet his family?" Sean's face blanched.

I grabbed his hand and ran my thumb over our tattoos. "It will be fine. They can accept him or keep their damn mouths shut," I said trying to sound confident.

Kharis grinned and slapped my back, "I like him! You chose well, Er, um Sean."

We finished our meal and stepped to the far section of the mound. Sean took my hand, squeezing it lightly. "I'm not sure what will happen from here, grá. I know we must travel to the Summerlands to meet your kin, but as for life and death, I simply don't know."

I kissed him again, "As long as we are together, it doesn't matter." We both took a deep breath and walked through the wall of the mound. A bright light surrounded us and I took in a deep breath, feeling my heart begin to beat again. I felt a pull at my hand and turned to see Sean struggling. I lowered us to the ground, cupping his face. "Tell me what to do, Sean. How do I help you?" He shook his head, putting his hand on his chest. I placed my hand on him - no heartbeat. My eyes went wide. He gave me a sad look. "NO!" I yelled, "You do not get to leave me, not now, not ever." I pressed my lips to his and willed every ounce of magic in me into that kiss. At first, his lips were so cold, but then I felt his movements begin to match mine, his fingers tangled in my hair and we both moaned softly.

"Ahem," someone cleared their throat, "If you two are finished, we really should get moving." A young, well-dressed elf stood before us, tapping his foot impatiently. "Really, he should be fine now. You dosed him with enough magic to resurrect fifty Aos Sí."