Chapter 23

Mild Mature Content Warning: M/F/M

Nimue's POV

When Brigid had left the temple, I'd put on my dress and the initiates helped me braid my hair. They wove flowers into my ebony braids, then covered my head and face with the veil. I was led to the front of the temple that was under an archway of trees that had long ago been woven together to form a living ceiling. I watched as Luke and Gabe approached, bare-chested, each wearing a mark of the grove. Jax followed behind them with a broad grin. To my surprise, Brigid was leading them. I heard the Priestess make a soft choking sound as she bowed low.

"Madam Priestess, I believe I will be performing this ceremony today," Brigid said as a long cord appeared in her hands. I eyed the cord in confusion. It was far longer than a standard handfasting cord even taking into account the union of three instead of two. The goddess gave me a knowing smile and motioned for the men to come closer. "Daughter of the Isle and Lady of Avalon, please take the hands of your beloveds, as they have been claimed by the grove through the Druid's trial." She turned to me, placing the rings in my hand. "Nimue, daughter of Viviane, Lady of Avalon, do you take Lucian and Gabriel as your partners in life and beyond, intertwining your souls and destinies together forever more?"

"I do," I said as I slipped the rings on each of their fingers.

"Lucian, Hawthorn marked, carrier of secrets, do you take Nimue and Gabriel as your partners in life and beyond, intertwining your souls and destinies together forever more?"

He grinned and said, "I do," as he placed his mother's ring on my hand again, and Gabe's ring on his finger.

"Gabriel, Ash marked, receiver of visions, do you take Nimue and Lucian as your partners in life and beyond, intertwining your souls and destinies together forever more?"

He placed Luke's ring on his finger, and the wedding band on mine and said, "Fuck yes I do." We all chuckled softly, even Brigid.

We made a circle holding each other's hands as she began to wrap the cord over our wrists. "As your hands are bound together, so now are your lives and souls joined in a union of love and trust. Above you are the stars, below you is the earth. Like the stars, your love should be a constant source of light, and the earth is the firm foundation from which your lives will grow."

I couldn't help but notice the cord was not fully wrapped as she began to speak again. "I place my blessing upon this union and any others that may follow. Let what has been intertwined continue to grow until all destinies have been fulfilled. So as above, so as below." She placed her hand on the cord and it shimmered and seemed to disappear into our wrists, falling to the ground with three perfect knots in the top of the cord. Brigid picked it up and kept it. "You may kiss your husbands and wife," she said with a sly grin. What was she up to, I wondered.

They lifted my veil and we kissed each other, then I led them back into the temple, down to the ceremonial pools. The rooms had been cleared, and without a word, they began to remove my dress as I fumbled with their pants. As my dress slipped to the temple floor, I felt their kisses along my body. Once undressed, I took a step into the pool. They both seemed to understand and Luke scooped me up bridal style and walked down the steps with Gabe following, holding my hand. Luke lowered me against his chest as Gabe pressed against my back. I became lost in the sensations of their touches and kisses until I felt them both press inside of me. I moaned softly, "I love you."

Gabe tilted my mouth to him, his hand gently gripping my neck, "I love you, my wife." Once he'd firmly kissed me, he leaned forward and kissed Luke saying, "I love you, my husband."

Luke groaned softly into his mouth, his eyes glistening with tears when they parted, "I love you both, my husband and wife."

My heart and body felt full as we continued to make love in the waters of the Isle. I could feel us reaching our release as the waters began to softly glow. Our eyes met and I smiled when I saw them also glowing softly, their colors unchanged, just intensified as my body shuddered and I came. Luke and Gabe gasped when they saw the glow and then came deep inside me.

We clung to one another for a few more moments then made our way out of the pool to the waiting robes that had silently appeared. "What was that?" Luke asked, "I mean, the glowing."

I smiled at both of them, "The Isle has gifted your powers, just as I've received mine fully now." I ran my hands over the marks on their chests. "You've been marked by the Hawthorn tree and Brigid. While I do not know all of your powers, I do know you've been given access to Druidic magic. You will also be able to sense other's secrets and the threat of death." I told Luke.

"Yours is the mark of the Ash tree, Gabe. At least part of your power will be prophesy or visions of the past, present, and future." I giggled, "I should have known the Ash tree would call to you. It is often referred to as the enchanter and represents free-thinking, artistic, and imaginative abilities."

He kissed my hand dramatically, "Well I did manage to enchant both of you," he laughed. "So what is the Hawthorn called?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yet again, quite fitting. It is referred to as the illusionist and represents being secretive, fun, and passionate."

Gabe nodded, "Yes, I'd say that describes our pretty boy quite well with his ninja skills." Luke chuckled and kissed him.

****

We had spent the night feasting with the residents of the Isle and nearby villages. My aunt who joined the meal was silent in her anger, but far too obvious in her false happiness.

"Nimue, darling, I'm so happy for all of you," she exclaimed, raising a glass in a toast. "Had we more notice, the matter could have been far grander."

I raised my water goblet, "Thank you, Aunt Delilah. I'm sorry we didn't provide more notice, but I wanted to avoid a scene. Our quiet, simple ceremony was all we needed."

She scoffed, "But surely the Lady of the Lake deserved more fanfare? And what of her people, didn't they deserve a chance to witness her bonding?" Delilah waved her hand around the room.

I felt Gabe's hand cover mine, "It doesn't look like they fucking minded," he growled. "Please do not presume to tell my wife what she should or shouldn't do. We played your fucking game with the grove, lady, but don't mistake our manners for weakness." I leaned against his arm, feeling warmth spread over me by his protective display.

"My husband is right," Luke added, "Nimue wanted a small private ceremony to honor each other and the goddess, not a false display of grandeur." He lifted his glass and scanned the room, "Besides, aren't the residents getting their moment as you called it, now? We are here, talking and sharing a meal with them." He gave my aunt a thunderous look as if daring her to challenge him. I wondered if his gift was showing him something we couldn't see.

I really wanna slap that bitch, I heard Gabe's voice in my head and choked on my water. I looked up at him in awe. Oh, shit, I didn't know you'd hear that. I thought it only worked with Luke, he said, giving me an apologetic smile. I nodded but before I could respond my aunt interjected.

"Here, niece, let me refill your wine." I instinctually pulled my cup back. Shit. I hadn't planned on telling her, but she'd already noticed the water in my cup now. "Why, Nimue, have you forgotten to tell us something? Perhaps this marriage was rushed for other reasons?" She made a clucking sound and sneered.

"Listen, lady, back the fuck off now," Gabe warned, getting in her face. His eyes were glowing softly as his deep voice lowered to a menacing tone, "If you say or do one more thing to upset my fucking family, I will not be held responsible for my fucking actions." Delilah's eyes went wide and her face paled.

"That's not possible," she gaped, "You..you can't, you're not a Druid."

Luke chuckled, "Oh dear Delilah, we can and we are. Seems you didn't think through your demand for the old ways very well." He placed a hand around my waist and grabbed Gabe's fist, forcing him to unclench it and intertwine their fingers. She sputtered, her face turning red, then turned and left the room with a few initiates following her. "Well, that went well," he muttered, making us both laugh.

I turned around in his arms and kissed him, then pulled Gabe closer and kissed him. "How about we go to bed, husbands?" They both exchanged grins and I heard in my head. Fuck yes!

Author's Notes:  Yay - married!  So now that the aunt knows, what do you think should happen?

I'm posting this second update in appreciation for the 1K reads!!!   Please follow, vote and comment.