Chapter 31

North's POV

I don't think they realized the connection wasn't completely closed when Luke and Gabe started punishing Goddess. Hearing and feeling her arousal at being spanked had driven me insane, then they fucked her senseless. All I could do was lay in the trailer, jacking off and wishing it was me making her scream. I'd imagined how it would feel to have her laying in my arms as we fell asleep. Fuck, this is killing me!

I started to roll over and felt something pressed against my chest. I looked down and saw her. This has to be a dream. She was curled up against my chest, her soft breath tickling my skin. "Oh my little Goddess," I whispered as I pressed my lips to the top of her head. She shifted and her eyelids fluttered open. When her eyes met mine she gasped but didn't pull away. "Shit! I'm sorry, I really thought I was dreaming," I apologized.

She giggled softly, "You must have some really amazing dreams if you can't tell when they are or aren't real."

I don't know what possessed me, but I ran my fingers down her face, "Only when they are about you, my Goddess," I said and kissed her softly. She shocked me when she returned the kiss. When the kiss broke her cheeks were flushed and she became shy. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that, Nimue." I tried to apologize again, but she cut me off.

"No. You may have kissed me first, but I definitely kissed you back." Her eyebrows were furrowed as if she was deep in thought, then she said, "Luke and Gabe know."

"Um, know what?" I asked, almost afraid to hear her answer.

She sighed, then started talking quickly, "They know I like you. I was crying last night and they told me to trust my heart. They said Brigid knew before we did and that it's okay if I fall in love with you, with all of you." She hid her face once she stopped talking. It took me a few moments to process what she had just rambled off. They knew. She said they knew and they were okay with it. I groaned, my mind thinking of all the ways this could go horribly wrong. She must have thought I was upset because she started to get out of my bed, "I'm sorry," she whispered, "I'll go."

I grabbed her, pulling her against my chest, "No, please don't," I begged. I could see the tears rimming her eyes. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't upset with you, I, well, I'm just worried." I kissed her head again. "I know Luke told you about Sang, but he probably didn't tell you that I didn't handle the breakup well. It broke me. I really thought she was the woman I would grow old with, have kids with, the dream, you know? But when it turned out I wasn't her dream, we weren't, well, I went off the rails for a while."

She lifted her eyes to mine, "What do you mean?"

I ran a hand through my hair, "I started drinking a lot and got really depressed. I pulled away from my brothers and even tried to blame some of them for her leaving us when I was just as much at fault. I was overprotective and sometimes controlling, and not just with Sang."

"Are you still doing those things?"

I grimaced, "I'd like to say no, but that would be a lie. My childhood wasn't great so I have a tendency to try and control everything around me - including those I love. It makes me feel safe, but I've been working on it."

"And the drinking?" she asked.

"A beer or two with food, but not alone or to get drunk," I answered honestly as her icy blue eyes seemed to peer into my soul. "But the thought of this," I motioned between us, "scares the fuck out of me." She seemed to wilt a bit at my words. "But you walking out that door without me trying scares me more." She gave me a soft smile and leaned up to kiss me. Her mouth was so soft and fit mine perfectly. I pulled her closer with my arm underneath her. My other hand tangled in her hair as the kiss deepened. Our bodies shifted and the sheet lowered, allowing our bare skin to touch. She moaned into my mouth and I felt myself getting harder. I rolled over, caging her below me, my hand caressing her stomach. "Fuck, you're so beautiful," I whispered.