Chapter 88

North's POV

I felt her stir against my chest as she let out a small mewing sound. "Hey Goddess, how are you feeling?"

She rubbed her eyes, looking a bit confused as she peered around the tent. "Where, where are they?"

"Gabe and Luke took the babies to the healing chamber with Brigid to let Meredith and Sean look them over. You were sleeping so soundly that none of us wanted to move you." I pulled the sheet over her arms when I noticed the goosebumps. "Do you want me to take you there?"

She leaned into my chest, "Yes please." I smiled and teleported us to the chambers. The room was much warmer and I could hear the guys' voices as they tried to soothe Declan. He was a temperamental little guy already. Nimue frowned and gingerly walked toward him. I kept my arm around her, worried she might be in pain, but she showed no sign of stopping.

When she reached Luke she simply held out her arms. He flushed red and handed the screaming boy to her. In an instant the baby grew quiet, his brown eyes locked on his mother. "Now my little man, what is all this fuss about," she cooed as she sat in a nearby chair and pulled her gown off her shoulder so she could nurse him. He latched on immediately and didn't make another sound other than sucking noises. She giggled, "All these big strong men, and none of them thought to feed you."

They exchanged sheepish looks. "Well, to be fair, Snow, we do lack the equipment," Gabe said as he sat next to her with Aisling. Her bright blue eyes watched everything, but she was quiet. "These two are so different it's scary, " he laughed. "Declan has been restless and howling, while Aisling just watches all of us silently."

Nimue lifted Declan over her shoulder to burp him as she studied her daughter. "Brigid, is everything alright with her? I mean, I know Arawn marked her, but she died."

The goddess frowned a bit, then sat next to them. "It has altered her course and her magic some, but she is not harmed per se."

"Well that's a loaded response if I ever heard one," Jax snorted, "Care to explain?"

She seemed to be uncomfortable but finally answered. "She, much like her parents, is no longer fully human. When Owen and Sean brought her back, it allowed Arawen's mark to infuse his magic with hers. Their bond is set now even without, um, well...that."

"So she has no say in this?" I asked, trying to hide the frustration in my voice. I hated that her future was set for her. She deserved to have a say.

Brigid nodded, "Mostly. Arawn will not force her, but to be honest, their destinies were already laid out by the Wheel thousands of years ago. Delilah's actions caused the bond to happen early." She looked at Nimue and Gabe as he held their daughter. "I promise this is what was meant to happen, it's just earlier than anticipated. He will not rush her. When she reaches eighteen, he will reach out to her and begin building their connection. The only reason he may have to contact her earlier is if she struggles with the magic he has given her, but Sean and Owen should be able to help her with that, as well as Victor. Arawn's powers are similar to theirs."

Nimue passed Declan back to Luke and took Aisling into her arms, placing her against her breast to nurse. She rocked her and began to sing softly, closing her eyes. We were all mesmerized by her. Aisling's hand reached out and brushed Nimue's jaw and she gasped. "Delilah - she's coming. She's coming now!" She looked down at Aisling, her eyes wide. "She showed me – how?" Her gaze returned to Brigid who looked equally stunned.

"Arawn's magic," Kota said, "Among his many titles is being a god of war. He has the power of prophecy so it stands to reason she would gain the ability as well."