Chapter 54

Multiple POVs

Nimue's POV

I stood letting the warm water soothe my body, still feeling the effects of my connection to Marc. I knew I'd recognized him, but to feel the depth of our connection like that was intoxicating. It had been difficult to leave him, but I knew North would return soon. The insanity of time in the grove was difficult to grasp. Just like the revelation of past lives, timelines overlapped and sometimes it felt like I was being tugged in different directions at once.

A shooting pain went through my head, making me cry out. 

Owen. 

I felt my body get cold and slump into the pool as I projected myself. He was hunched down on the ground, cradling his head, screaming and ranting. I saw Sean, well I think that's Sean, but he looks more elven now. He was trying to comfort him, but it was as if Owen didn't know he was there. A few steps away I saw the Dagda watching passively, not even attempting to help. I felt my anger grow.  Stomping over to them, I channeled my inner Gabe and yelled, "What the actual fuck is going on here?"

"Sugar?" Sean asked, his green eyes flaring, "Wh...what are you doing here?"

"I felt his pain," I said, kneeling down next to Owen. "Who did this to him?" Sean had a panicked look, then cast his eyes to the Dagda. Seriously? I glared at him, "Why would you do this?"

He shrugged, "He needed to remember."

I stood up and promptly slapped him across the face. Wait, how did I do that - I'm not really here, am I? "You jackass! You're going to shatter his mind! Stop it now or so help me, I'll rip your balls off," I threatened.

The Dagda's eyes went wild, "How dare you address me so? Lady or not, you have no right!"

I stepped in his face, "He is my beloved. They both are. They are Druid called and my charges as well as my lovers. I have every fucking right and have for thousands of lifetimes. Now, if you are so dead set on him remembering, you might want to help him, otherwise, he'll never remember you or anything else." He grumbled but bent forward and pressed his finger to Owen's forehead. In an instant, he went silent and crumbled to the ground. His body shimmered and began to shift. Like Sean, he took on a more elven look, his Tuatha dé Danann heritage shining through.

Sean cradled his head in his lap, practically holding his breath. When Owen opened his eyes, Sean cried and kissed him. "Can you hear me, Owen?" he asked him softly.

Owen reached up and cradled his face, "I'm okay, love. Don't look so worried, our history is not their history. I meant what I said, they can deal with us or they can do without me." He stood and glared at the Dagda, "It's not like this family hasn't had its fair share of backbiting has it, Grandfather?"

"I'd prefer if you didn't address me that way, Lachoth," the Dagda said gruffly.

"And I'd prefer it if you didn't attempt to brainwash me." It was then he realized I was standing there. "Bella, is everything alright, are you and the babies okay?" He frowned.

I laughed softly, "Yes, love. I came because I felt your pain and confusion. I may have threatened to cut off his balls," I smirked as I jerked my thumb at the god.

Owen burst out laughing, "Oh Bella, you never cease to amaze me." He pulled me against him, kissing me soundly. "Can you stay or are you needed elsewhere?"

I sighed, "I can't stay. It won't be much longer, and we'll be back in the grove. I'm thinking we need a family dinner tonight," I grinned.

"Oh sugar, we'll be there," Sean smiled and pressed a kiss to my forehead.