Our Little Matchmaker (E.B)

Requested by aloneodi

Male Reader x Elle Brody (Godzilla)

Smut warning

Elle's pov

Ever since the divorce and Ford moving to Japan to live with his dad, leaving Sam behind. I have been struggling balancing the whole work and parenting life. But thanks to Y/N who happens to be the leading consultant on the ward. He has been the most understanding to my situation. Like this morning, I have an early start on the ward so Y/N is coming to help with getting Sam to school.

"Elle?!" I heard him shout as he let the door open.

"In here!" I called out to him. When I saw his soft features, my whole body relaxed.

"Are you ok?" He asked me softly as he gave me a gentle hug

"I'm ok." I sighed as I pulled away to make sure that I had everything I needed. "Sam is just getting ready for school and he will have his breakfast which there is enough pancakes for the both of you." I told him as I finished packing my bag.

"Thank you, but I could have come earlier to do that." He told me.

"No, you're already doing enough Y/N. You're doing more than enough actually." I told him softly before I kissed his cheek and made my way out to my car as I heard Sam squeal excitedly as he saw Y/N.

I was stood at the nurses station as Maggie walked over to me

"So, you like him don't you?" She asked me as I gave her a confused look.

"What?" I asked her as I put the clipboard down.

"Y/N. You like him." She stated as a blush started to form on my cheeks.

"He is just a friend Maggie. He has been there for me since Ford left me and Sam." I told her as I went to check on a patient. "Hi Ms Gibbons, how are you feeling today?" I asked her as I started to do her blood pressure.

"I'm feeling much better my dear." She smiled which I returned. "But where is that strapping young Doctor Y/L/N? He is a fine young man don't you agree." She asked me as I checked her dressings and IV drip.

"Did Maggie put you up to this?" I asked her with a chuckle as she shook her head at me.

"No she didn't dear." She started as I wrote her stats down. "I just see the way you both look at eachother."

"I'm divorced with a 9 year old son. No one wants to be with someone who has baggage." I told her as I placed my stethoscope around my neck.

"But he helps with him no?" She asked me with a tilted head.

"Yes but." I started but she interrupted me.

"No buts. He clearly doesn't care about the divorce or that you have a son with another man. If he did he wouldn't help you out as much." I thought to everything that he has done for us both. He has been there for me and Sam quite a lot. He looks after him on his days off when my parents can't and I am in work. Maybe there is something there between us.

Y/N pov

I couldn't take Sam this morning since I was called in last night for an emergency op which lasted up until early hours this morning. So I called Elle hoping that she would be ok which she was happy to hear my voice.

"Hey, I brought you a pick me up." Elle said as she walked in my office and sat in the chair opposite me and handed me a Starbucks coffee. Literally saving me from horrible hospital coffee.