Chapter 4

Shanique Grant

"I'm not seeing the final budget in my drive hun, did you send that over to me?" I asked Andrea

I was huddled up in the living area of our hotel suite having what should have been a brief meeting with Andrea. She has been in charge since I'm supposed to be on vacation but I like to check in with her and get updates.

"Ummm, I did, let me see if I can find the link and re-share." She responded, as the clicking of her laptop keyboard sounded off.

My email pinged with a new notification and I clicked on it to see the link to the excel sheet containing the budget. There was a quiet over the meeting as I went through each line item, checking and double checking everything before I spoke again.

"Okay Andrea, this is fine. Generate the pdf version without the breakdowns and send it off." I tell her while I close out of the document.

"Okay, sent." She says after a beat and I see the notification that I was cc'd on the email.

"Alright. Is there anything else that we need to go over?" I asked, trying to rack my brain around what we had covered in the pass two hours.

"No, that's all I had on my list." She responded looking down.

Quickly I remembered what I had called her about initially.

"Oh yes, Kadeem Pryce sent me a resignation letter. I just remember that that's what I wanted to say to you." I told her and she burst out laughing.

I really can't bother with Andrea's petty behavior sometimes enuh. She really don't like the young lady.

"She lasted long. Should I update the LinkedIn page for the vacancy?" She said with a chuckle.

"I did it already. Just look out for the applications and vet them for me until I get back next week." I say as I responded to my mom's text telling me that she checked into the hotel.

I smiled to myself because all she was killing up herself, she still end up going.

"Look at your face! How you're smiling so?" Andrea asked with her nosey self.

"It's mommy. She sending me pictures of the hotel that she is staying at."

"Oh nice. Love that for her." Andrea says smiling.

"When are you coming back?" She asked and I smiled.

"Next week, but I'm not coming into the office until the week after." I say checking my calendar.

"I miss you. I don't have a lunch partner anymore." She says pouting. Seeing that Dan stopped going into the office regularly due to him figuring out other stuff, Andrea and I have grown close.

We take our lunch together and sit and plan Cryptic's campaign activities and promotions together before we bring it to the rest of the team. She is my second in command.

"Girl mi soon come. Dan has me all over the place doing all kinds sumn. All now mi sore from the camel ride we went on a couple days ago. Mi need the week to rest." I tell her.

She snorts a little as she laughs and that makes me laugh too.

"Okay pepper pig." I say and she sobers up and side eyes me.