Chapter 27

Anderson

I was in the middle of this investors meeting with Julian, Julez and their team but I wasn't here.

My mind kept replaying my latest actions and I can't honestly say I'm proud of myself.

Mi a hurt Shan and ultimately, hurt myself.

Mi know Shan and how her mind works in most situations and I know I couldn't expect her to get my point of view. But mi just never feel like explain myself on an issue that I myself can't explain fully.

Char

That has been the topic of our constant arguments for the past two weeks and Shanique has some way convinced herself that there is more to what meets the eye

Granted, there is but it's not what she thinks.

Typically, I can hold my cool with Shanique but the way things have played out has made it difficult for me.

Shanique nah give me nuh pussy.

We haven't had sex since the night before she left for Jamaica almost two months ago. Every fucking night Mi affi a back my fist and at this point me a lose it.

My temper is way shorter, even for me. Mi cya focus at work and mi miserable as fuck at home.

  Now, the one person that has been providing some light is an issue.

Char.

That has been the centre of our disagreement.

I understand where she is coming from though. She doesn't understand what's happening and I haven't been open about what it is.

I don't know if I fully understand what it is. This is totally out of character for me. However, this new development is something that I'm not ready to let go of.

"Anderson here is a genius at marketing and has been in the consultant seat for many of my projects. I was absolutely happy when he started his own thing a few years ago and was even happier when told me about this recent expansion.

Guys, I'm telling you he's the real deal. He doesn't say much but that mind... never stops working ." Julian sells me to his team of sharks.

I didn't give a  fuck but they have the big bucks and that's my goal at the end of the day.

I have expensive taste and I'll need funding for that.

"I saw what you did with Bier. I thought they would be pushed out of the market in a couple years but they had a major turn around. I'm impressed." A pot-bellied dude says, referencing to my German client.

I nodded at him to let him know I'm following.

"How did you even do that?" He asked, looking at me expectantly.

I weighed my mind if I actually even wanted to respond but I saw Julian giving me puppy dog eyes from across the table and I conceded

A little.

"Research and common sense." I tell him.

He looked disappointed.

Oh well.

Looking around I saw a bunch of confused faces so I decided to throw them a bone.

"I changed the target demographic. They were marketing to who they thought were their customers and not their actual customers. I Change the messaging to fit your actual target group, and you have a domino effect."

They all burst into intense discussion around desired target vs actual target, frequently picking my brain on issues they see in their company's but I simply spoon fed them bits of information until they started asking for my card so we could discuss more.