Chapter 15

Anderson

"Yuh hungry?" I asked Shan as we drove out of the parking.

"No, my lunch was so much babe! Me affi wonder if them hand get weh when they were sharing the food." She said with a smile.

I chuckled. I had order extra for her.

"Yuh enjoyed it?" I asked just to make conversation and to kind of distract her from the fact that I'm heading towards the toll and not home.

"Oh yes. It did nice bad. I think I want it again tomorrow."

"Mi can mek that gwaan yes." I tell her while I speed through traffic.

"So what did you have?" She asked, turning to me fully in the seat.

"Curried lobster mi tek."

"Woiiie! Okay Richie Rich. Lobster on a random Tuesday." She laughed out loud like one of those market people.

I looked over at her and shook my head.

"Yuh brawling enuh." I tell her and she laughed harder.

I hit some traffic approaching the toll road and I had to bring the vehicle to a halt. I was waiting for Shan to at least say something at this point but she is just looking out the window all calm.

You know seh Shanique know bout mi plans though.

"Shanique." I called out to her.

"Hmm?" She responded, looking over at me innocently.

"Yuh know weh yah go?" I asked out right.

"No." Was her reply.

"Suh how yuh nah ask nuh question?"

"I don't want to ruin the surprise." She said and I was stumped.

I guess I wasn't as stealth as I thought I was.

"What surprise?" I ask trying to see just how much she knew.

"The one that you have been planning from last week. I don't know what it is but I know you're planning something so I'm readying up myself."

This girl!

I chuckled because I really found the situation hilarious. Shanique serious enuh.

"Suh what do you think it is?"

"Dinner is definitely involved... so maybe like a cool place that you found. I don't know Dan, I wanna be surprised." She whined.

"Alright mama...don't worry, I got you."

We got to Trelawny at about 7pm.

"The last time you brought me to Trelawny, I didn't see you for a month after that." Shan says solemnly

I felt like shit.

"I was being and asshole." She nodded.

"I wasn't ready to accept that I was a goner at that time. I was fighting with the inexplainable urge to surrender my entire being to you, so I convinced myself that you weren't giving me the same energy."