Chapter 30

Shanique Munro

He left.

I begged him nonstop to stay but he left.

I'm all alone in a foreign country, no husband, no hope and no direction.

All alone.

I was in a loop.

An unending loop of Anderson walking out on me.

It wasn't impulsive or spur of the moment. He took his time to ensure that there was nothing holding him back here.

He closed all outstanding deals and negotiations. Onboarded the clients and introduced them to the team. He said his goodbyes and packed his bags with care.

I don't even have a sock to remember him by.

The day the car service came to take him to the airport I almost got arrested. I tried to fight the driver.

Anderson just peeled me off the man and got in the car before they drove off leaving me alone on the front lawns.

Alone.

I've been alone for three days now and the pain has only increased. How the fuck have I managed to fuck up so bad?

I don't even have my dog because I brought him back to Jamaica and Andrea said she would keep him for me.

I'm all fucking alone.

———————————

"Ummm, Shanique, the gentlemen from Bier are in the boardroom." Rushka announced and i sneered at her.

I can't stand her and I think she knows. The day Dan announced that he will be leaving us to do what he knows we can do she had asked "so who will lead us Mr. Grant?" Like she didn't see me standing there.

It made me acutely aware that she has no respect for me.

"Tell them I'll be there in a minute." I say and she stood there looking at me.

"These are very important clients. We can't keep them waiting like that." She rebutted and I chuckled.

Ignoring her, I walked into my office's bathroom and closed the door. I wanted to collect myself and put on my game face for this meeting.

The Germans are here and even though we have a very good relationship due to the work we did for them, I still want to look the part.

After gathering my thoughts I made to join them in the boardroom.

I walked in to see Rushka at the front of the room talking to the men about a proposal we had prepared for them.

They didn't look all that interested in what she was saying but I didn't want to disrupt whatever it is that she thinks she is doing.

I stood at the back of the room watching as she droned on in that stifling Italian accent that she has.

She concluded the presentation and Jamie and Eric the two interns from the University of Salford clapped.

Poor them.

Rushka then smirks before she spoke again.

"Gentlemen, Ms Shanique has now joined us. Seeing that I've already went over our presentation she can join in the discussions." She said.

Otto turned around quickly and I smiled at him. He got up from his seat in a haste and walked over to me grabbing me in a warm hug. He kissed both my cheeks and then smiled.

"Shan..." he says with a sweet smile.

The gentle giant is such a phenomenon to me. How can someone so exceptionally big be such a warm and kind person.