Chapter 31

Shanique Munroe

"Shanique?"

"Yes?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yes."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. If you want to talk though, I'm here. I know we never really had deep conversations before, but you're the sister I never had and I'm here for you." Shawntel tells me and I tear up a little.

"Okay."

"My dad collected the barrel you sent. I haven't gone through it fully as yet, cause your brother gone to Jamaica so it's just me and the baby here." She says in her strong Bajan accent.

I had to really pay attention when she talks.

"Okay. It's mostly the stuff that I had showed you in the pictures. I bought a tablet for her as well, it's wrapped up in some stuff in the middle." I tell her.

I shipped some stuff to her some while ago and it just reached Barbados. Luckily, I had sized up on the clothes for Gizelle because I know she's growing pretty quickly.

"She can use tablet so young?" She asked and I nodded my head, forgetting that she couldn't see me.

"Yeah. She can start use it now seeing that she's six months. Just limit it to a couple minutes and nothing too colorful or flashy." I tell her

"Thank you. I thought you would have stopped spoiling her by now. Between you and your husband, I'm not sure who spoil her more." She says innocently and I froze.

Mi nuh waah talk bout him.

"Well, I'll never stop spoiling her. She's my little munchkin for life." I say and Shawn chuckle.

"I want to come to Barbados. My niece is six months and I'm yet to meet her." I say with a pout.

I'm tired of all the pictures and videos I want to hold her and give her a big kiss.

I can't meet her though because I'm stuck here, running these fucking companies all on my own. Both Cryptic plus the shipping company.

I've been working with Leo to expand our services from US to Jamaica, to Worldwide shipping ports to the Caribbean.

We just launched our sea freight division, which transports large shipments from the UK, US and China to Jamaica, Trinidad, Barbados and the Cayman Island.

I tested it out myself by sending the barrel to Shawn through our services and it never too bad. Still room for improvement.

I've been so busy that I don't even have time to think. I don't want to think about my predicament because I know how salt mi is.

Me a the perfect poster child for bad luck.

This is not the worse though, as I know any day now I'll be getting my heart broken again. I just don't want to think about it

Mi just go work on the days I feel like getting out of bed. And the days when I feel like I don't, I make this very bed my office.

Who can tell Mi no?

"Shan? You still there girl?" Shawntel asked and I laughed.

"Yeah, I'm still here."

"I was asking you, when you want to come here?" She says and I paused.

Thinking about it, we are in a busy period right now if handling our clients communication plans and budget proposals for the upcoming year.

But I can assist from anywhere. Mi need fi go see my niece. It's too long now.