Chapter 23

Anderson

"Do they want to sign on or not? I don't have the time to be back and forth with unserious people." I say while I pace my office in the Cryptic London building.

Shan was laid out on the futon, taking a nap and I felt like I needed one too.

We have been in London for two weeks now and it has been chaotic since the first day. Luckily, we picked a good team here and everyone has been pulling their weight.

The transition of our European based clients have been pretty smooth and for that we thank God.

"They are interested. They want to set up a meeting to discuss the retainer." Julian tells me.

Some of his people learned about Cryptic and had asked him to set up a meeting with us. We had the meeting and they explained their needs and Shan and I had worked on a proposal for them.

Their CEO was a cool guy and I had an interesting discussion with him after our meeting,where he expressed his interest.

That was a week ago.

"That's not a problem. We already have a breakdown ready. We can share it with them today so they can go through and come with any questions or concerns." I say, going around the desk to retrieve my laptop.

I quickly found the folder that their
files were stored and located the retainer breakdown.

"Okay, Julian tell them to check their mailbox."

"Alright mate. I'll talk back to you later." He says and then hangs up.

My goal is to onboard at least two of these types of clients each month before September. I need Cryptic to have a strong foundation before I hand the reigns over to Shan.

I'm better at client acquisition, while Shan is a master at client relations. Despite any doubts that she may have, she has a skill for building strong relationships with our clientele and making them happy.

Me nuh like people, and mi cya bother with the bag a chatting. While Shanique now, all the people them personal business them tell Shanique to how she love chat.

She just come here two weeks now and already somebody invite her to their birthday dinner. How Shanique reach in a the woman plans, I can't explain.

Wouldn't change her for the world still.

My phone pinged and I looked down to see a text from my dad. I unblocked him to tell him to never show up to talk to my wife again and the man nuh stop text dung my phone.

Father

We launching the new products this week. This is the marketing plan that was sent to me.

The text read.

I clicked on the link, opening a very familiar document.

I developed it.

I looked over the product designs and nodded. I liked them. Then I took a look at the roll out agenda.

They kind of skimped on the digital spend and I texted him to let him know.

Father

Add more on the Google Ads spend.

How much more?

$5,000.
$2,000 on the awareness spend and $3,000 for the retargeting.