Chapter 36

I flew out of my sleep and almost fell off the bed. My heart was beating rapidly as I looked around the bedroom widely.

A wah the bumboclaat that star?

Images from my nightmare kept flashing across my mind, like a snapshot of my worse fears. A wah the fuck dem man deh put in a the weed?

A wah kinda fuckery that mi just dream? Mi a mad to bloodclaat.

Looking around the room, I glanced at my phone on the night table. I reached for it quickly and activated the screen.

3 o'clock in a the morning and thoughts of Shanique a ride me.

A dem man yah cause it enuh.

From week I have been stuck in Kingston. Every night CJ have some activity planned that goes late at night and Fabian refused to let me sleep anywhere else but at this house. Now, I planned to leave a few days ago, only for the two man dem fi mek mi know seh, them a stay here too.

It's like a plan thing.

But mi a go bout my business today and nobody can stop me. Afterall, nuh must the place a haunt me mek me a dream dem fuckery yah.

I had this big urge to pee and my mouth felt like I was chewing cotton.

We did a drink and smoke last night.

Fabian finally convinced me to partake in his bad habit and I must admit my head did lift off.

Solar heights.

Walking into the bathroom, the lights automatically came on, temporarily blinding me. Fucking fancy shit that Shan insisted on.

Suppose mi waah piss in a the dark?

Fucking motion censor.

Lifting the toilet seat lid, I tried to pee. The operative word being "tried" mi cocky stiff like board and me couldn't aim properly.

Then all my hood could a stiff up after Wah the fuck mi just dream?

Julian nyam weh mi wife.

Mi hood dead same time at the thought. It fuck up but thankfully, I was able to pee properly. Shaking off the excess, I stuffed it back in my ethikas.

Trudging over to the sink I quickly washed my hands and splashed some water on my face. I was already up, so it made no sense I went back to bed.

Me traumatized.

Might as well go make some money.

———————————-

I closed out of a trade just as as an iMessage came in.  This laptop was connected to my personal iCloud so the message appeared on the screen.

Julian
She didn't board the jet.

Him must a bloodclaat mad.

I dialed his number immediately. He answered on the second ring.

"Don't fuck with my meds Julian. Where is my wife?" I asked in low tone.

I was trying to keep it together until he explains to me what exactly is going on.

"Hi Anderson, how are you doing?" He responds in his stupid British accent.

I took a deep breath as I tried to calm myself down.

"Julian, cut the fuckery. Where is Shanique?"

"My assumption is she is in Barbados. I sent her a message night before last to remind her of the flight time and she responded this morning saying she won't be able to make it." He explained