Chapter 33

Anderson Grant

"The man finally come out a hiding." CJ jeered as I approached them.

Him and Fabian were sitting by his apartment poolside drinking and smoking.

"Suck out yuh gal." I responded before taking a seat on one of the lounge chairs.

I closed my eyes and just relaxed a bit seeing that I just drove all the way from St Mary to get here.

There was music playing from a speaker that I couldn't see and I cringed as the song registered to me. Likkle Miss by Skeng, a Shan song this.

She would a play all three versions suh till she fool on constant repeat. Nuh know wah Skeng and Nicki Minaj put in a the song dem tie Shan. 

Bumboclaat Shanique.

Me cya escape her.

Every fucking thing reminds me of her and it a mad me.

It nuh mek it better seh for the past month and a half me tek up residence in a her old bedroom.

After all, mi nuh live nuh weh.

Shan owns the house and I told her I would move out and I gave Fabian the apartment.

That's where he has been staying in Kingston.

Now I could have easily gotten a new place but I don't want to. It would be a waste of time and right now me just waah be in the only place that grounds me, my wife's childhood home.

"At least me have one." CJ says while chuckling and me feel my heart crack just a tiny bit.

That a true.

"Yo bro, yah go back home tonight?" Fabian says, making me open my eyes.

"Country?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah."

"Alright, Mi a roll with yuh. " he tells me before going back to scrolling on his phone.

"Shan waah hear seh yuh tek up residence a her yard fi send yuh notice." CJ says and her brother started choking out a laugh

Them man yah just tek my life fi one piece a comedy bus.

"How she would know when she isolate herself from everybody?" I ask and he shrugs.

"Mi sure Mi nuh blocked, mi ago text her and tell her." He responded and I had to laugh too.

Shan nuh reach out to nobody to rass. If me never turn up pon her mother doorstep the day I landed in Jamaica, everyone would think the two a we deh a London and everything alright.

Moms never please seh me leave Shan on her own there and she nuh fraid to remind me everyday. She a think bout her safety but mi have that covered.

Despite whatever the fuck I said, mi can never leave Shan fi fend for herself. She ago always alright.

Mommy never care though, a me she seh suppose to deh deh but right now mi honestly need the space away from Shan.

Mi love her to an extent where I would give my life up for her but at the same time, we nuh in a healthy space right now.

We too co-dependent.

Shan literally punished me for months for talking to Char.

Like full on stop feed me, stop fuck me, nah talk to me for weeks.