Chapter 22

Shanique

I rolled over in the bed clutching my stomach. The pain was excruciating to the point where I couldn't even make any sound. I was suffering in silence.

I let out a small groan as I rolled away from Anderson and curled up in a ball. I honestly thought I would get rid of this feeling, but I have come to understand that I'm not one of God's favorite.

Tears started to run down my face.

Mi just want this fi stop.

There was movement behind me and I know I woke up Anderson.

"Shan?" He called out in the darkness

"Hmmm?" I responded through gritted teeth

He got off the bed and soon the room was bathing in light.

He looked rumpled in only his underpants and a sleepy look on his face.

He walked over to the mini fridge, removing a bottle of water and brought it to my bed side table.

"Soon come back." He says before walking into the bathroom.

He was in there for a little while, during which time the sharp pains in my tummy increased. I cried some more and I know I look as pitiful as I feel.

Anderson emerges from the bathroom with my painkillers and my heating pad. This made me sigh in relief.

He handed me two of the pills and passed the water bottle for me so I could take the medication. I swallowed them quickly and looked to him again for the next step.

Instead of putting the heating pad on my stomach though, Anderson lifted me out of bed

"Come we go change your pad, it's leaking." He tells me and I take a glance to see blood stains on the sheets.

Anderson brought me into the bathroom, putting me to sit on the toilet before going back to change the sheets.

I quickly changed and disposed of my pad, washing my hand after.

A good 5 minutes past before he came back, lifting me from my seat on the potty.

I rested my head in his neck and sniffed his familiar scent. It's somewhat comforting and for a tiny moment all period pain was pushed to the back of my mind.

Not long after, I was back in bed, with a heating pad on my stomach. My periods have always been heavy but the pain levels increased after my miscarriage.

It's like this every month.

I sighed in frustration as I won't be able to take my family to the airport now.

My eyes followed Dan who was moving around the room.

"You want some tea?" He asks me when he caught me watching him.

I nod because he makes really good chamomile tea, and I'm sure it will put me back to sleep.

"Okay give me two seconds." He tells me before turning on our kettle.