Chapter 16

Anderson

We are late for our appointment.

I helped her out of the Jeep because it's too high up for her to climb out of.

She shivered as the sea breeze blew in on us.

"Are we having dinner here?" Shan asked looking around the sea view restaurant that was packed with patrons.

I thought about it for awhile and then checked my phone. We didn't have any time to stop.

"Maybe next time.." I tell her pulling her along the pier.

"So where are we going then?"

"Right there..." I say pointing towards the large vessel docked ahead of us.

Shan stopped in her tracks.

She was staring at the yacht in astonishment. Yeah, she didn't see this coming.

"Anderson Theodore Grant!" She whispered and I chuckled.

Grabbing her hand I pulled her to the edge of the pier where the crew was loading the necessary items for our night out.

Shan was quiet as I spoke to the captain to confirm our itinerary. Her eyes kept following the man who were loading the items, while taking quick glances at me in between.

"So when can we board?" I asked Raj and he gestured towards the stairs.

"Whenever you're ready. We just had to go get a fresh order of the meal from the restaurant seeing that we were a bit behind schedule." He explained and I nodded.

I turned to Shan who's eyes were as big as saucers and asked , "you ready to go on now?"

She nodded eagerly. Her reaction gave me a giddy feeling inside.

I helped Shan who climbed the stairs cautiously, too scared to make any sudden movements.

We arrived on deck in short order, getting a clear view of the pier and the ocean behind us.

"Dan...." Shan trailed off as she spun around taking in everything.

"Are you surprised?" I asked her. I want to always exceed her expectations

"I'm floored. I never imagined..."

"I know. I told you I'm going to give you the world and all the experiences that come with it." I say kissing her cheek.

At that moment Raj approached us and I turn to give him my attention

"We are about to set sail, you guys can have a seat up front here with me or at the back." He says before going to take the wheels.

"Where do you wanna sit?" I asked Shan.

"I want to watch him drive the boat."

"Okay, let's go sit down."

The boat started sometime later and a crew member approached us with a ice bucket containing a bottle of champagne and some glasses.