Chapter 21

Anderson

"Shanique!" I yelled, frustrated with her attitude towards her mom.

Wah a the fucking point yow?

The look on mommy face mek mi know seh she feel some type a way enuh. As I was about to walk towards to garage., I hear Shan speeding out of the yard.

Fuck man.

Mommy turned back to the cooking just as Fabian gets up looking confused. Man drunk from the par to rass.

"A wah gwaan?" He asked rubbing his eyes.

"Yuh nuh like bed my youth?" I ask him.

Shan keeps telling him to sleep in the room but he keeps sleeping out here.

"No." He says rubbing his chest.

"Shan ago kill yuh fi her couch."

"A weh she deh? Think mi hear her voice earlier." He says standing up.

"She gone pon the road." I tell him and he nods.

I sigh looking away and me and mommy's eyes connected. She shook her head at me and my head dropped.

Know she a judge me enuh.

———————

It's 8 o' fucking clock at night and my wife is nowhere to be found.

I've been sitting in the same spot on the garage steps since around 5 pm this evening waiting for her to come back.

The dog is here with me too, keeping my company.

"Skeng, mommy need fi come home now. She nuh have her phone or her purse. She must hungry, don't?" I say and he perked up like he could understood me.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Shanique talk to him like he's an actual person and not a dog.

I pat his head a little and he rolled over on his back.

A wah that mean now?

"Wah that mean 1 Don?" I asked him and he stretched out his paw touching my hand.

Oh

I patted his belly and he barked twice.

Shanique spoil this yah raas dog enuh.

"Dan, yuh not coming inside to eat?" Mommy's voice sounded behind me.

I looked over my shoulder to see her poking her head through the door.

"I'll eat when Shan comes back." I tell her and she sighs.

"Dan.." she tried to say and I cut her off.

"Mi a wait on mi wife mommy." I said with an air of finality.

She sighed before moving away from the door.

How she expect mi fi eat comfortably when me nuh know where Shan is or if she ate?

I don't even have a means of contacting her and that's putting my mind in a fucking loop right now.

Shan only friend a Tanya and I called her earlier and she was clueless to her whereabouts. I had no other clue on who to fucking call because anybody else who she would reach out to is in this fucking house.

Mi feel like mi a go crazy.

Skeng let out a deep bark, jumping up to stand on all four feet. I became alert at us sudden excitement hoping he had sensed Shan.