Chapter 9

Anderson Grant

Shanique was out of the car and running full speed towards the door before CJ could properly park the car.

We both started laughing at the speed she was going.

"Shan a track star man." CJ said as she disappeared through the front door.

"You set up the things for me?" I asked CJ and he nodded.

"A come me come check over everything before I came to the airport and seh mek me leave the door open." He explains.

As we got out of the car, I was attacked by Shan who came bolting back outside . I had to stand up strong so the both of us don't fall over on the dirt.

"You didn't tell me." Shan's whispered in my chest.

"That's why it's called a surprise babe." I say picking her up and wrapping her legs around me.

I walked us into the house, taking in my first official look of the finished product.

The team did an amazing job of bringing Shan's vision to life. This was her home, and I held no bars when it came to getting her what she wanted.

"Everything is how I outlined it babe, down to the furniture." Shan marveled and I chuckled.

"Did you expect anything less?"

"No. It's perfect. You're perfect and I love you." She says before capturing my lips in a kiss.

I gripped her closer to me and deepened the kiss. It was what we needed after that dreadful conversation in the car.

I poured all my passion and anger into the tongue wrestling that we were doing and Shan seemed to soak up the power in it.

"Oie deh! A weh di bumboclaat? Mi still deh here." CJ's voice boomed throughout the living room and Shanique shrieked and jumped down from my arms.

I was annoyed.

I looked over at him and he had the celebratory champagne in his hand and three glasses.

He quickly handed one of the glass to Shan and another to me.

"Alright, I want to propose a toast. I wasn't able to do so as my right as the best friend and entitled best man at the wedding that we were all robbed of, but we will discuss that deep betrayal at a later date." CJ started and Shan giggled.

"I know it would take an extraordinary woman to bring my very reserved friend out of his tunnel vision. Making him see that there is more to life than work, more to life than being perfect all the time and pushing him to care enough to want to be better." He continued and my throat tightened.

"Shan you are exactly what Dan needs and I'm happy he found you. Standing in your first of many more homes to come I just want to say congratulations, you both deserve this milestone. I want to also say thanks bro for trusting me fo finish this project for you while you were away. I love you dawg and I'm happy for you."

I concludes.

"Yuh done know." I say as we Bro shaked.

CJ then made quick work of popping the champagne and Shan jumped with excitement at this.

She frighten yuh see man.

"Oh my God!" She screamed and hugged me again.

The house sweet her bad.

After sharing in the champagne, Carlyle left to go do some personal shit.

It was just me and Shan here.