Chapter 13

Anderson Grant

I walked into the familiar meeting room feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders. I didn't want to be here.

The five men and women sitting around the conference table all stared at me, I stared back.

"Anderson."

"Theodore"

"It's been a long time." I looked around at the curious faces in the room.

"I reckon, not long enough."

"Umm, have a seat." He gestured to the lone empty chair in the room.

I sat.

No one spoke and I grew irritated with the entire charade. Mi waah go home go sort out my business. The one that actually matters to me.

"Creg reached out to me." Pops says with a shakey voice. I quirked my eyebrows up at that.

Why him sound suh frail?

"I assumed he might." I say instead of the question on my lips.

I started to observe him. He kept clasping and unclasping his hands. Was he nervous?

Pops is never nervous.

"So we are all glad to know that you are planning to stick to the agreement. I understand that you have taken on some additional activities with the expansion of your company..." he trails off and I could see a slight smile that he quickly covered up.

I nod.

"Well we took that into consideration and have decided to give you an additional month to make the transition into your role.

I understand that you do wish to have the freedom to do your necessary travels and I have agreed to those terms, granted that it will not be an interference to our operations.

You have been good at managing your time all while you were here with us so I don't have any doubt in your capabilities." Pops concluded.

Something is wrong with him.

"So, September?" I asked.

"September" he confirmed.

I nodded.

I got up and walked out of the conference then. I needed to get the fuck out of here.

I'm not sure how I'm going to do this shit.

"Anderson!" My dad shouted behind me.

I continued walking.

"Andy!" He called out again and I stopped.

I honestly don't want to talk to this man right now.

He walked up to me and we stared. No one saying anything.

I tilted his head and I started walking again.

We walked out into the parking lot and I walked us over to my Jeep. Shan took the GLE to work, so I decided to take my new baby out for a spin.

"This is nice. It's new?" He asked and I nodded.

"I like it. I didn't know Jason have these now." He says and I shrug.

"Didn't get it from Jason." I said.

He sighed and I looked away.

"This place that we are at is fucked up Andy. How did we even get here? You not talking to me." He says, sounding broken and my chest caved.