MEMORIES

Third person pov

(Flashback 1 week ago)

Dan held onto a wobbling Shan as they left the doctor's office. Both of them sported bright smiles, granted for two opposing reasons.

Shanique has finally got her confirmation that she would be carrying the baby to full term, only a month left in the journey.

While Dan was happy that his wife, overcome with excitement from this news, agreed to learn the gender of the baby.

A boy.

Him one and done was the future heir of his growing empire. All that hard work and sacrifice that his wife made, to give him this gift.

A junior.

"We not naming the baby after you. He needs his own identity." Shanique spoke again after Dan had blurted out that he was an Anderson jNr.

He rolled his eyes at her. She can call him whatever she wants, he'll be a junior to his father.

"We need to think of meaningful names now that we know it's a boy. I was thinking something biblical, because this child is nothing short of a miracle." Shan spoke as they both entered the awaiting SUV.

Dan rolled his eyes once more before addressing his no nonsense wife.

"Yuh hungry?

Shan's face instantly lit up at the thought of food.

"Yes!" She squealed, turning to fully face Anderson in the seat.

"You know what the baby has been craving? KFC. Do you think we can get that?" She asked, hope blooming in her eyes.

"KFC?" Dan asked her and she nodded.

"Yes, from Jamaica." Shan responded and Dan took a moment to look at her good.

He was in disbelief.

How is he going to get KFC from Jamaica to them in London  now?

Shan and her baby don't think things through sometimes.

He pulled up into one of her favorite lunch time cafes and she started to dance in her seat.

He shook his head at the thought that 10 minutes ago she was demanding chicken from Jamaica.

Look at her now.

Before he could even park properly Shanique was opening the door.

"Shan don't mek me affi open up mi mouth and talk to you too loud enuh. Weh yah do?" He says sternly and she stopped all movement.

She had a guilty look on her face, one that indicated that she knew she fucked up.

"A jump yuh did ago jump out a the car Shanique? Yuh forget seh yah breed?" He pressed and her eyes watered.

"How mi fi forget seh yuh knock me up Anderson?? Yuh nuh see the big gut?" She asked pointing to her large stomach.

"You nuh see yuh big gut and see seh yuh fi wait for me to come round there come help yuh?" He fired back while stepping out of the car.

Shanique started to cry at the thought.

"Why you a cry?" He asked as he reached her door.

"Yuh seh me belly big." Shan spoke through her tears.

"Everytime me ask yuh if me fat yuh tell me no, now you a come tell me seh it big." She cried and held on to his shirt.

Looking to the heavens for help, Dan gently rubbed her back and hushed her while she cried out the excessive harmones.

Dear, dear.

"I hurt your feelings?" Dan asked in a faux concerned voice.

He has long mastered the ways of an hormonal Shanique.

"Yes."

"Suh yuh nuh bother waah eat then?" He asked, barely holding his body together to stop from laughing

"No! I'm still hungry. Let's go." Shanique's tears disappeared immediately and she pushed Dan out of her way, as she clambered out of the car.
.
.
.
.
.

Shanique laid sprawled out on the bed as Dan massaged her swollen feet.

She picked up a couple of grapes from the bowl of fruits that he brought for her as she listened to Tanya argue on the phone.

"Tanya, mommy and Dan already donate the blood. Them seh two is fine" she said as she bit into another grape.

They were big, juicy and seedless. Just the wake she likes them.

"Plus the doctor say Peanut is fine and everything will go well." She said, twisting the truth.

"The doctor tell YOU that Shanique?" Tanya's voice raised over the phone.

She took a peak at Anderson who was ignoring the conversation in genera.

He and Tanya already had the convos and arrangements were made for them to come and donate the blood. He wasn't taking any chances.

"Shanique, me ago see you Wednesday. Bye."

Tanya hung up.

Shan took a look at the phone seeing her Home Screen and started to cry.

Anderson sighed loudly.

Why Tanya do that? He thought.
.
.
.
.

"Babe..." Shanique called out in the dark room.

It was 3am and she couldn't sleep. She has been twisting and turning for the past 10'minutes and now she intends to wake up Anderson.

"Babe!" She says more aggressively and shook his sleeping form.

"Daaaaaaaaahn!" She yelled and pinched him.

His body jerked and he looked around the room confused.

"Shanique a pinch yuh pinch me?" He asked a bit annoyed.

He hissed loudly at her silence.

"You didn't ask me about the baby name." Shan's humbled voice sounded out in the quiet bedroom.

Silence.

"I thought of it today. The one I had before didn't fit." She spoke again.

Silence.

"It's not Junior."

Silence

Her sniffing broke the silence and Dan rolled over onto his back to stare into the ceiling 

He closed his eyes, blinking hard to get the sleepiness out.

Just another month, he thought to himself.

"What's the name that you thought of Shan?" He asked, knowing they will be the only thing to get her to stop crying.

- [ ] Just another month