Epilogue

Shanique Grant

1 year later

"I'm done!" I scream from behind the closed door.

I am a bundle of nerves and I don't want it to show. I need to be firm in my decision as everybody has been questioning my choices lately.

"So come out nuh mek we see it." Tanya shouts back at me.

I open the door with some difficulty due to my sweaty palms. Mi nervous!!!

Shan get it together man.

I pushed my head out the door first to assess the room.

Mommy. Tanya & Shawntel all sat facing the hotel's dressing room door with a look of anticipation.

The cinematic style photographer stood to the side waiting for me to exit the room. My makeup artist was at her station going through her bags, probably sorting out the kit that she needs to follow me around today.

The doll makeup cya sweat off.

Tanya hissed loudly at my antics and I chuckled.

"Wait nuh gallie, mek me check the vibe first." I say with amusement dripping from my voice.

"Girl, we out yah a wait for a good half an hour. Mek we see the dress." She says and I dragged my head back into the dressing room.

Alright now Shan.

I stepped out of the room and into the main suite and stood in front of my audience.

Tadaaaa

The room was silent except for the click of the camera going off rapidly.

However, my excitement died down once I realized that they weren't reacting how I wanted them to.

Mommy face mek up and in an instant I wanted to cry.

I looked down at my wedding dress, running my fingers across the Lacey material. It's a black mermaid dress that I saw in New York and fell in love with instantly.

I just had to have it.

This wedding planning has been the bane of my existence since Dan proposed a year ago at our make up Christmas dinner. Everybody wanted to tell me their opinions on what is right for MY wedding.

They didn't like the theme, the colours, the venue, the fact that we didn't want to do it in a church, everything.

They were even questioning if we should have the wedding, after someone leaked videos of them and Anderson doing the grown up tango.

Pictures and videos of him getting his dick sucked.

Tanya was concerned about how it would look, with us putting on a big wedding after that.

I cried to him about everything one night and Anderson told me to fuck their opinion and handed over his black card to me and told me to increase my wedding budget.

Who am I to say no to that.

However, my mom just completely ruined the excitement for me with her easy to read facial expressions.

She nuh like the dress. Tanya's face is blank and Shawn is quiet as always.

Fuck.

I turned around and went into the dressing room and closed the door behind me. I picked up my phone and texted Anderson immediately.

Baby Father 🍆

Can we just call this off?

What's wrong? I'm coming to you now.